Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Mot Looming

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Boris
I've done about 10,000 miles in my XM since I bought it in March and I've enjoyed everyone of them. It's needed fairly constant nurturing but with the MoT in six weeks I'm starting to get paranoid thoughts about it falling apart.

The drop links are rattling and I've got some on the way from MDC at £19 each.

So. To get to the point. What else should I be looking at. Are there any "usual suspects"?
Remarkably all the electrical stuff works, specifically the ABS.

user posted image

Andy

P.S. That's my dad's bungalow with the hideous windows!

P.P.S. if you look hard enough and use your imagination you'll see a Club-XM sticker in the back window.
citroenxm
All the obvious! Lights, side, dip and main, rear tail lights, brake lights, number plate lights.... all doors should open, seat belts in good order, tyres good tread,

if you can SAFTLY jack the front of the car up, grasp the front wheels, top bottom and push pull, and the same left and right of the wheel, there should be no play... this should check your bottom ball joints.

CV boots, no splits, same steering rack... SO FAR all these can be checked yourself !

Horn, wipers and washers, REAR Fog lights, some MOT testers will examin strut tops, and sphere softness, being a member thought, I guess these are ALL in good order...

General pipe work condition... DO NOT VENTURE UNDER WITHOUT AXLE STANDS!!!

The only two things joe average cant check him self is Brake balance and emissions...

So there you are, generally what a tester should look for.. They may also check Brake pad thickness... and also they will waggle the steering for rack play... headlight aim also checked...

Sorry if its a bit much, but the majority can be checked your self...

Rgds
Paul

Boris
Ah! all is well with the World.

The XM sailed through its MoT this morning. The testing guy said it was in excellent condition with no worries. Seems it was worth paying a bit over the odds after all.

And I got an 'A' for my first essay on my degree course.

And I got an unexpected £300 in my bank from overpaying my electricity supplier.

And my wife took me out for a meal tonight.
Citroenmad
Good news all round biggrin.gif

But where do i get a club-CM sticker!?? ohmy.gif
cmacedo
Sticker

Citroenmad, I have already sent some (about 20) to Noz, it's a regular letter so takes about 10 days to reach UK. I'll ask Noz to send to all of you around.
Noz, I hope you dont mind...

cheers from a sunny Brazil
Caique
Citroenmad
Yes id like one of those, ill contact Noz for one in a few days smile.gif
Boris
I printed this image from Andmcit and laminated it. I'm sure he said that'd be OK

user posted image
Andmcit
QUOTE (Boris @ Nov 18 2008, 21:41 PM)
I printed this image from Andmcit and laminated it. I'm sure he said that'd be OK

user posted image

cool.gif

There are Xm drivers 'out there' in the wilderness,
with only the book of lies (BOL) to protect them from
ALL that is evil or at least incomprehensible...

By all means spread the good word! laugh.gif

Andrew
citroenxm
Hmmmm spot the errors in the car picture!???

Series Two car, with a series one spoiler - or is it just a LARGER series two spoiler?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Paul
Citroenmad
QUOTE (citroenxm @ Nov 19 2008, 12:47 PM)
Hmmmm spot the errors in the car picture!???

Series Two car, with a series one spoiler - or is it just a LARGER series two spoiler?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Paul

I noticed that yesterday, but didnt say nything incase i was wrong!

How has that happened!

If that was done on a clear background on a sticker it would be great!
Andmcit
To be honest I'm at a loss to see what's wrong with either car pictured but no doubt once its pointed
out I'll be deeply embarassed!! biggrin.gif The s2 picture is a stock shot issued by Citroen PR so may have
had some enhancement (studio doctoring). The s1 is a 24v'er from a period brochure. The front
3/4 s2 could be anything knowing my current rubbish 'form' with s2 trivia and spec!! laugh.gif

Glad someone's finally pointed out the innacuracy as it hate getting designs wrong; thing is,
I need to know what's wrong to fix it!! biggrin.gif

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter