Full Version Broke Down!

Club XM Forum > BX
Pages: 1, 2, 3
demag
user posted image

user posted image

Now come on what's wrong with those, there lovely biggrin.gif
dean
Yep they sure are, same interior as my bro's TZD and they are super, super seats.
Looks like a good car you've got there, inside and out cool.gif

D
citroenxm
Brings back memories, but the Turbo unit cant be beaten for flexability... FOR ITS TIME! before anyone jumps in there....

I DID like the GTi/TZ Seats, but I did find the bottom curve was a bit hard-ish

Nice looker Demaq...

Rgds
Paul
demag
Oh its not perfect by any means. But at £150 and 55k it was a bargain. Mot is up soon and it wants work. Possible octopus, two driveshaft gaiters, maybe a touch of welding near the back and one or two other bits. As I don't bend easily now I will probably get the indie to do it. I reckon it should pass for about £300 all in and those jobs should then last a long time. And of course I have to get the cambelt done as I have no history. I'm driving it at the mo because the weather is lovely and the Xm's alternator belt screeching is driving me mad! I'm on hols for a couple of weeks from next week then will start getting the jobs done.
DerekW
I think there were two carb options on the BX 1.6, the Solex and the Weber. The Solex was like all Solex carbs - crap, my 16TRS had a Weber and was faultless, averaged 34mpg and never missed a beat. Comfy seats too. Mine was the old model with the rotating drum speedo.

That car replaced a GSA. Funny how I look back on both of them with longing now.

Derek
citroenxm
That was it - I remember now, mine has a solex carb! It was awfull.... I wanted to put a webber, manual choke on, but had no choke lever for in the car or how to mount it back then... could probably do it now... I got the choke off a Peugeot 309 1600 GR...

Oh the days... I dont somehow, look back at the BX and long.......

Rgds
Paul
demag
Yes I might try looking for a Weber they are bloody good carbs. I just remembered Aldon Automotive are only 10 miles from here and guess what, they do a service kit for the Solex. Could be a well spent 21 quid.
Pages: 1, 2, 3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter