Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Rarest Of The Rare!

Club XM Forum > CX
Andmcit
check out this on ebay now!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1985-CITROEN-CX-25-G...1QQcmdZViewItem

Rarest of the rare and eminently savable!!
The one to go for - no question!!

Andrew
Andmcit
Just some background about the S1 Turbo1 from a CX GTi turbo saddo!

The s1 petrol turbo was the last development of the GTi metal bumpered car before it got
big visually heavier plastic bumpers and rear spats so to some it's the purer shape with
the fastest engine! The turbo had colour coded metal bumpers to differentiate it from the
lower range models, unique wheels with the T motif or flying ice scraper a typically funky
Citroen rear rubber spoiler and black sawtooth fab seats. In fact the seats are the best car
seats I've ever sat in - EVER!! And they look and feel good too! biggrin.gif

It saw release in late 1984 and by mid '85 was replaced by the s2 that had the same turbo1
engine until it was fitted with an intercooler becoming the turbo2.

A rare car only available for about 6 months if that, and certainly not many made it as RHD!
though unconfirmed figures suggest 600 were registered but that sounds very high to me!!

IT PAINS ME TO HEAR THIS EBAY CAR WILL BE BROKEN FOR SOME SPARES AND SCRAPPED!!

I cannot buy them all though heaven knows I've got a few of these...

What a sorted one of these should look like (isn't mine though):
user posted image
Andrew
Ciaran
The links broken Andrew, but I presume you meant this one?

Ciaran
Boris
My wife's sat here saying "NO NO NO NO!"

And it's the one I always wanted! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Andmcit
Thanks Ciaran, that's the one; the perils of fast cut and paste!

Btw; a Cx starter is far easier to change than a 2.0 or 3.0 Xm one too!! laugh.gif

Andrew
robert_e_smart
Ciaran,

You should buy that car, you know you want to. You get the best of both worlds, Series 1, with all the bells on!
Andmcit
And it DOESNT have a sunroof so won't have a rusty floor or roof and has more headroom! biggrin.gif

I have the trailer, the inclination and even the time but not the space! This is the thing I'd normally
snap up for a later time than bear seeing it scrapped! IIRC I think the 600 figure may have been ALL
s1turbo 1's produced with a fraction of that RHD... blink.gif ohmy.gif unsure.gif

Andrew
Boris
QUOTE (Andmcit @ Sep 19 2008, 18:19 PM)
but not the space!

I've got a spare space! rolleyes.gif smile.gif
Andmcit
Yes, but an understanding Missus too!?
That's usually the thing that stops any grand plan dead in its tracks...

Sure, a Cx isn't galvanised like an Xm, but if I was going to rescue a rusty car, there can't
be many a more worthy rescue candidate this side of a Ds, Sm or Gs! I dare you to find a Gs or
want to spend £1000's on a very rusty D or Sm! This Cx could be up, fixed and on it's feet and
looking very presentable for significantly less than possibly a fraction of those prices.

Biggest stumbling block may very well be an exhaust which may make sense to change for SS
and the silly metric tyres which I've swapped for Alfa 16's.

Andrew
Andmcit
Moody studio shot on announcement of the Turbo was used on the handbook cover:
user posted image

Can you tell the bumpers are colour coded silver?
user posted image

Nope, I can't tell either!
Taken around '98 mine is the one in front with the newly polished alloys.

Later s2 with Alfa alloys:
user posted image

Andrew
Andmcit
112quid!! huh.gif sad.gif

Credit Crunch or not, I've seen plastic model 1:16 scale Cx's selling for double that.

Crazy. Anyone here; 'Car Crazy Dad'. I'm not totally sure if the auction was a bit 'iffy'.

The +ve feedback was left hours after the auction finished. Unless he was round there in
20 minutes trailering the car away before the seller changed his mind!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Andrew
2smv627
Hi, a while ago I know, but I was the under bidder and emailed the seller not long after the auction and he said the buyer had already paid for it and was picking up soon after!
Andmcit
I noticed the positive feedback was left the same day the auction finished!

The winner was obviously very keen!! AND LOCAL!! I think the winning bidder had already
seen it and made an offer but waited to see the auction close. In correspondence with the
seller he mentioned that someone local wanted some spares of it and I fear that'll be the
end of this very rare car! sad.gif

I'd have bid on it too if I didn't have a load of them already!! laugh.gif

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter