Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pages: 1, 2
Andmcit
QUOTE (roddew @ Sep 4 2008, 16:50 PM)
This is what we left when we went away

user posted image

......and this is what we came home to 

user posted image

All suggestions as to what might be done to the person(s) responsible if caught will be treated in the utmost confidence........

Thanks again all..expect more pics now that I can  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif    Rodders.

abc
roddew
There's more that I've posted in "reader's rides" Rodders
Bantam
roddew,
i can't belive that......i looked at the photo loading and for the first time in ages,totaly speechless sad.gif

Who, what ?
Andmcit
I've aired Rodders story here from another thread elsewhere on the forum ans feel he needs the
collective support from fellow owner enthusiasts who will be able to grasp the enormity of his loss.

Andrew
citroenxm
Andrew,

Can you see what I meant in my other post... I knew, but it wasn't up to me to announce Rodders awfull time..

Am I paranoid?

Im not so sure....

Paul
Andmcit
I still maintain these grim daily reminders are an indication this country is in the sh!t, head first, and
sinking fast. No responsibilities, respect or value for other people's prized possesions = in fact the
exact opposite, resentment, jelousy and a sick fascination for such mindless acts.

And I'm sure its mostly at the hands of moron kids from dropout parents; I'm only half
kidding referring to sterilisation; the policy is followed in Canada I believe with gross piss
taking with the state dole handouts results in 'you were warned another, and your money
stops...'

Andrew
jorgy9
QUOTE (Andmcit @ Sep 4 2008, 20:03 PM)
I still maintain these grim daily reminders are an indication this country is in the sh!t, head first, and
sinking fast. No responsibilities, respect or value for other people's prized possesions = in fact the
exact opposite, resentment, jelousy and a sick fascination for such mindless acts.

And I'm sure its mostly at the hands of moron kids from dropout parents; I'm only half
kidding referring to sterilisation; the policy is followed in Canada I believe with gross piss
taking with the state dole handouts results in 'you were warned another, and your money
stops...'

Andrew

Agree to every single word you wrote there.

It's all due to the absence of parenting, no matter if parents are physically present or not -it's all about intellectual presence-.

Consequently children develop a personality mostly based on what other information is left to absorb. This means: TV + "X-Box" + randomness.

What can you expect from such a specimen?

I observe the children in my street and all they seem to do for "playing" is "kill" each other. "Killing" was only one of our many games when I was their age.

I often think that when the current children grow to become 30-40, this will be an out-of control society,and, worse, with no idea of how to manage itself. It will have to rediscover all the social knowledge lost.

People that are not in a position to raise a child should not be allowed to have one before they sort themselves out FIRST. Because they cannot do this themsleves -like a wolf in the wilderness that will never think that he's not alright-, the state should try to sort those people out, but this needs will, serious work and innovative programs, not the kind of work they are used to do in Departments...

I often content myself thinking "thank God it's not like that in the Mediterranean" but trust me, it's already getting there, and it's all about the breaking down of "family". Nothing to do with genes, weather, or other factor.

George
DerekW
Deepest commiserations, Rodders. That cannot have been done quietly. In a built-up area did no-one hear that wanton destruction going on? Did no-one take any interest at all? Did no-one even bother to call the police? Unbelievable.

Derek
Andmcit
Out of interest, is enough of the 24v front end left intact to transplant into a donor V6 to keep
your rare Xm going so to speak? I have a poorly Green '90 autobox one that could be merged
and fixed onto its feet again if you wanted to take on the job Rodders?

Andrew
Ken newbold
Speechless!

citroenxm
QUOTE (Andmcit @ Sep 4 2008, 23:18 PM)
Out of interest, is enough of the 24v front end left intact to transplant into a donor V6 to keep
your rare Xm going so to speak? I have a poorly Green '90 autobox one that could be merged
and fixed onto its feet again if you wanted to take on the job Rodders?

Andrew

Andrew, I think the 24v was right in the centre of the mess....

My thoughts were there too.... wink.gif

Rgds
Paul
Jan-hendrik
Is this for real? It looks like a war zone. It's not the set for some TV serial? I'm not trying to be funny, but is all seems so unreal . . . my god sad.gif
citroenxm
Unfortunally Jan in this country... it IS for real, its a huge loss for Rod..

We are all obviously speachless from this mindless act thats been commited..

Paul
WRINKLY JIM
Unreal. Man, that looks heart breaking. So much love & care. Not the old "Key the Door" or "Do a Tyre"! !What part of the country did this happen, although I think it's a national problem? What kind of children(used lightly) will they breed?
OUR NEXT GENERATION ! ! !
GOD HELP US.
This country has lost everything decent.
JIM.
roddew
Hi, guys, first of all many thanks to you all for your supportive stance and worthy comments. Much appreciated, and at least it conveys that all is not totally lost and that there is some decent humanity left----we both really do appreciate you all.

Am posting this also to clear up a couple of points.

First the state of the desireable cars. The Black V6SEI (it was certainly one of the nicest left ) was safely resting under a dustsheet in a block and tile building with steel doors.
user posted image

The 24V is not the green car in front of the garage (that was a 2.1 Excl.) It was at the rear in an annex which was also well secured. Block walls and a GRP roof. Note the remains of Speedline wheel. What fuelled this kind of damage puzzles me.
user posted image

The heat involved can be illustrated by the molten aluminium and buckled metal. Any thoughts of saving anything from here would in my opinion be futile as even case hardening would probably be compromised.

Regarding the exact extent of the loss, well regrettably nothing was insured. Wiser in hindsight I know, but we have to economise where we can and thought that although outside minor vandalism had occurred, that the stuff locked away wouldn't be vulnerable, let alone the building itself. How wrong we were. The damage just about wipes out the equity in my home.
The fire was
started at about 3am on Friday 4th July, but we were away and only recently returned. My neighbours (who had to be evacuated) tell me that the fire brigade were slow to arrive and when they did they went to the wrong street. The authorities have been conspicuous by their lack of contact ( 1 phone call after 4 days and 1 brief visit last week from the Police, nothing from the fire investigation people). An ex-mining village in North Warwickshire is where all this took place.

All that might be salvageable would be the manual Onyx turbo mechanicals if anyone needs them (108k fsh) before they go on Fleabay and end up in a hatchback. The 2.1 td auto drivetrain might also have survived to fight another day, but haven't brought myself to investigate either yet.

Once again, thanks to one and all for your support. I'm finding it strangely cathartic and hope that it will help enormously in moving forward from the desolate spot we've been in up till now.

Thanks again for all your kindness, Rodders & Pat

Pages: 1, 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter