Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Philips Dc082 6 Disc Cd Changer

Club XM Forum > Available!
jgavila
Hello!

I have for sale a working Philips DC082 6 disc CD Changer, with a CD cartridge but no cabling (not hard to build, though)

If interested, please, e-mail.

Regards,

JOSE
Henry
Jose-is it compatible with the Philips head unit from a S2 XM? With the 9? way plug on the side of it (CD changer that is)?

Thanks,

Alan.
jgavila
QUOTE (Henry @ Sep 5 2008, 23:54 PM)
Jose-is it compatible with the Philips head unit from a S2 XM? With the 9? way plug  on the side of it (CD changer that is)?

Thanks,

Alan.

Hello Alan,

I don't think so, sorry. My car is a S1 1/2 (the very first series of the 2.0 TCT units) and has a Philips DC741 head unit. It works with several other units, though.

BTW, it has a cable directly attached to it but it is about 75cm long or so. You need an extension one if the charger and head are further apart but it can be used directly if not.

Regards,

JOSE
Henry
OK thanks Jose-I'm not sure what model No the head unit is but I know it's Philips.

Alan.
mebedforduk
You need a Philips RC 026 CD Changer with BIG rectangle plug which will be red or black

If it comes with a small sqaure blue plug there as an adapter (blue one end red the other)

Expect to pay about £30-60 on ebay

Series 1.5 have the "braile" radio raised little buttons on the 1-6 station buttons for all those blind drivers out there.
For this you will need a clarion CDC 636

Cheers

Mark

Have a look in the files section of XM-L and there is a bit more blurb

citroenxm
More like a CDC 9250 to be SURE its gonna work.

The XM head unit has a strange NON forward compatibility...
Not so along ago I tried a CDC 634, the silver unit in my XM, and to my surprise it DID NOT work...

However, the Xantia head unit will run BOTH cdc 9250 and cdc 634, but the XM unit wont run the 634, putting it down to non forward compatability...

Rgds
Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter