Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version 2.oi Turbo Auto Onyx (sei) Lpg

Club XM Forum > Available!
citroenxm
Hi ALL

As Ive been hinting Im toying with the idea of Letting the Black Onyx Auto go.. for ONE simple reason, Id like to fund an LPG Kit for my S1 24v V6.

So, refer to my Readers Rides post which has the car before and after.

Bought last Christmas, and finally got it on the road during July.

Citroen XM Onyx Auto 2.oi Turbo, Mot to July 24 2009, Tax to end of January.
Black in colour, but couple of dints unfortunally. A large dint on the REAR most passenger side panel.
A small dint on the bonnet, and on the roof. And light scratches down the passenger side. May polish out.
Fitted with leather trim, and also electric arm rest. SEi Alloys with good tyres.

Sunroof DOESN'T work, however the car has retro Air Con, but has a leak somewhere.
All windows work.
All MOT's back to 2000. A pile of recipts for work done.

Some of you may recall me asking about oil in the water on this car... well it was the head gasket. So work done, new head gasket, new set of valve seals, new water pump, new cam belt, new Aux belt, New LHM pump belt. New engine oil, obviously. Iv now done almost a 1000 miles and the water hasn't moved, nor has the oil. Car went on a 400 mile round trip today (30th) with 75 - 80mph driving, and up / down hill driving and she ran VERY well. Didn't use any water or oil, from what I could see.

Car is on LPG, with an LPG injection kit. I has the programming software on CD and the lead to connect the system to a Laptop. The tank is a Spare Wheel tank which leaves the boot free for usefullness. A fill up of 27 quid @ 50p litre, returns a range of about 230 miles. Im sure you can do the sums.

Whats doesnt work? Sunroof doesn't work. The rear heated screen doesn't work. I seem to have sorted the Central Locking, I replaced the passenger door lock mechanisem, and cleaned contacts in the door plug. . I have a matched PLIP too, which does work but can sometimes not send the signal to the reciver.

What dont I like. The 4 cylinder engine as a whole. Its thrashey, I beleve its the 4 cylinder engines character, althought it does go well, very well on Petrol, no as well on gas. When on gas, if you floor the throttle theres a DEAD spot between gearchanges, its momenterally but annoying. Its ONLY with a wide open throttle, if you drive more lightly, it doesn't happen and she drives well.

The autobox? Well. It is infact the smoothest autobox Ive driven. Its VERY GOOD. Smoother then my V6 autobox! Ive not checked the fluid colour yet.

I want to be sure everything works before she goes, mechanically I think shes fine. Shes showing 158000 miles, but as I said above, a bit of work done.

So can I be any more honest.. Ive tried to be as honest as I can so you know what I have here, so ..... whats she worth? Anyone like to have her??

thanks for reading.

Rgds
Paul
citroenxm
Ah well.... so shes worthless, Ill be keeping her then!

I suppose its hard to value any of these XM's now...

Rgds
Paul
Andmcit
Paul, sounds like a nice car! I'm tempted but too much sh!t going on at the moment to
even seriously consider another car - I'm busy givbing them away or weighing them in
at the moment...

The decent one's may very well be worthless too in the current climate - just see the values
going through on ebay at the moment!

Andrew
citroenxm
Keep me in touch woth your Xantias please...!!

Ive got 2 to get rid here, and could very well take one from you..

Ive got to keep her a bit longer, while I sort out these two Xantias here. Ones ready, just need to MOT and she can go..

The other has 3 small jobs to do..

Rgds
Paul
Andmcit
I'd say any sale will struggle at the moment; how much did your last VSX TD go for in the end on
ebay and that was before things got even more dicey...

I've got x3 VSX 16v'ers I'm not sure about and possibly even an Activa, I won't break them or let
them be broken if I can help it that's for sure!

Andrew
citroenxm
Hi andrew...

Strangely, about 300 quid or so I think, I cant remember now...

Im hoping this Series 2 S Reg, TD will fetch a bit more....

Rgds
Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter