Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Compresser Clutch

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
WRINKLY JIM
Hi Folks,
I have a compresser clutch which is playing up. I have taken the O/S wheel & inner wing cover off & also removed the drive belt. The pully/clutch is where I think my troubles lie, but how does it come off. I have removed the bolt in the centre, but nothing is drawing off. The problem I had was a belt not rotating & on the belts removal the only place that appears wrong is the pully on the compresser.
Hydro pump turns, alternator turns & jocky wheel turns, but pully on compresser feels lumpy. Could be bearings gone/broken, but can not find anything about the compresser in Noz's manual, which I purchased. Are there any files with details?
Any info would be helpful. A/C was working fairly well. Is the clutch a home service part?
JIM. Hertfordshire.
DoubleChevron
You can download the air-con compressor manual from Sanden. It will probably be an SD7 as fitted to the XM here.

seeya,
Shane L.
citroenxm
Your car would help?? R12 system (Series one) or R134a System (R134a system)

Sounds like a collapsed bearing, useually cheaper to find a second hand compressor. I THINK I have a spare R12 and R134a compressor here somewhere.

Rgds
Paul
WRINKLY JIM
Thanks for the quick replies. Found Sanden's & silly me, its a Series 2 petrol estate 2.0lt with an R134a system.
citroenxm
Ill have a look and see how many compressors Ive got, and which model they are...

If theres a spare then it will be available..

They've come off working systems too..

Rgds
Paul
WRINKLY JIM
Hi Folks,
Back on the road. Same compressor used on some Volvo's & found a nice one for £25-00 at local scrappies. Running with clutch electrics disconnected until I get the system vacuated & recharged. Thanks to those who replied. Sanden info was help.
JIM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter