Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Coat Hooks

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
hardleydangerous
Are there any coat hooks in a XM.Try as I can I can't find one anywhere.Is there an aftermarket geegow that will do the trick.
John Malkovich
There are coat hooks on handles above both rear doors. Very slim but they hold well. Not sure for the front passenger seat.
Andmcit
press the discrete little button jobby and it does it's tranformer transition from apparent
roof blanking plug into a funky pop out hook - one of my favourite design features on an
Xm actually!! Yes, I know this sounds sad! biggrin.gif Never used it but it's probably missed by
many!!

Andrew

Yes, there's one each side at over back windows for that rep look!! wink.gif
DerekW
Andrew,

My late model V6 has your super pop out hangers, but my '95 TCT estate has the ones that slide on the grab handle and so did both my '90 2.0s.

While we're on the subject, has anyone found the cupholders?

Derek
dean
HI Derek

Coat hooks? Cup holders??????

I think i need to have a look in the back tonight, i needed coat hangers to put my suit jacket on when i went on holiday but instead it got scrunched up in the boot..........damn.

D
xmexclusive
Hi All

When they are fitted cars have the pop out hooks and estates fixed hooks on the grab handles. They are not swappable because of the raised roof line of the estate. The grab handles fit below the roof lining in an estate but in cut-outs to the roof lining in a car.

Regards

XMexc
DerekW
Cup holders.

With the standard of extras fitted to XM I had assumed that there must be cupholders somewhere, I just havn't found them!

Maybe it's an age-related addlebrain thing. Anyone got a '89 - '90 XM with pop out coathangers?

Derek
hardleydangerous
I have had a good look around the car but still can't find any thing that looks like a coat hook,maybe they thought owners of 92 Prestige models didn't have coats!!
bigjohnh
My 93 Prestige has them, the kids love to annoy me on long journeys by repeatedly pressing the release button and then putting them back!!!

John tongue.gif
Ciaran
My '90 SEI and '95 VSX both have them. My old '90 2.0i did too.
All hatchbacks, never had an estate.

CiarĂ¡n
dean
Where is the button then gents? cant find anything in mine. and the thought of finding a new button sound good.................buttons and switches are cool wink.gif

D
hardleydangerous
Please tell me where they are ,my other half thinks I am mad hunting around in the back of the car or is this a wind up !!!!
xmexclusive
Hi Hardley

If you cannot find them then they are not there.
Just been out and checked the two on the drive.
Or is that four as each car has two.
Both of them (N reg & A reg) have the pop out ones.
Despite French design they all work, though one was a little iffy.
Cannot find any mention of them in the Owners Manual.
Haynes could not find them either. No surprise there.
Russek was too interested in engines and suspension.
Even Martinez & Sauzay failed to document their conception and design.
For myself I seldom hang a coat on them as I gave up wearing suits when I retired.
Shane do the hooks still work upside-down in Australia.

Regards

XMexc
hardleydangerous
XMexc. Thanks[I think] Hardley
Ciaran
user posted image
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter