Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Coat Hooks

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Andmcit
I'm sure I'll manage to find some somewhere about the place if you haven't
got them on yours and want to be part of the 'coathooks gang'!!

What price exclusivity.... wink.gif laugh.gif

Sounds like it's a saloon thing mind! smile.gif
Ciarán - great, but I feel a bit giddy now though!! laugh.gif

Andrew
Ciaran
Video came out really crap and grainey for some reason, was quite good quality before Photobucket resized it.
DrTim
QUOTE (dean @ Jun 17 2008, 16:39 PM)
HI Derek

Coat hooks? Cup holders??????

I think i need to have a look in the back tonight, i needed coat hangers to put my suit jacket on when i went on holiday but instead it got scrunched up in the boot..........damn.

D

my Presteige which is very similar to yours doesnt have them, mate, though the VSX does.

Doesn't it considerably impair visibility having clothes hung there anyway?
hardleydangerous
Thanks for the video Ciran,it appears that I dont have coat hooks of any kind fitted so its the back seat for the jacket after all.
Now lets see if we can find the cup holders!!!
bigjohnh
You balance cups on the top of the instrument binnacle. Only on a Series 1 though.

smile.gif
hardleydangerous
Thats OK until you hit the brakes.
Ciaran
That's where the cup restraint system - aka your hand, comes into play laugh.gif

I find some polystyrene / cardboard coffee cups from shops & garages are about the right height to put in front of the dials, and being wedged in stops them from sliding about everywhere.
In a Mondeo I had, this area was exactly the right height to hold a coffee, it was wedged in and didn't move a millimetre, you could have gone rallying in it and the cup would have stayed upright smile.gif

Ciarán
UFO
What about just getting one of those coat hook frames that attaches to the headrest legs?
Ciaran
That would be too much like the smart thing to do laugh.gif
dean
Hi all

Saw Ciarans video and your right Tim mine doesn't have them, i suppose i will have to just put my jacket on a coat hanger and hook it onto the roof handle, will i still qualify for membership of the coat hanger gang though? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

D
Boris
Three pages on coat hooks!

Quality! rolleyes.gif
Ciaran
We can go for pages and pages on just about anything, its one of our unique selling points....
Andmcit
...and ash trays and their illumination...

and how about air vents...

Ok, maybe not air vents!!

BUT why did they go all flappy and disintegrate when I removed them taking a
s2 dash apart though - it's been troubling me for a few weeks now! dry.gif wink.gif

Andrew

(only kidding - before you start) tongue.gif
DrTim
QUOTE (Andmcit @ Jun 21 2008, 00:04 AM)
...and ash trays and their illumination...

I was wondering the other night about why no sash trays in the drivers doors, always
seem to be smoking left handed whle driving. Then I tried right handed smoking and realized it is better to smoke with the gear shift hand:-).

Back on topic, Dean, I seem to remember I have hung coat hangers off the front seats before, the 2 bars holding the heradrest on can be used as supports, possbly with a bit of string etc in place.

Oh, and Dean, I assume yours has the shopping bag handle straps on the lower back of the front seats like my Presteige, the VSX doesn;t have those, so there ! :-) :-)

DerekW
Quote <Oh, and Dean, I assume yours has the shopping bag handle straps on the lower back of the front seats like my Presteige, the VSX doesn;t have those, so there ! :-) :-)>

?????????????????????????????????

Ah, they must be alongside the cup holders!

Derek
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter