Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Rust And Corrosion Etc

Club XM Forum > User comments and suggestions
xmexclusive
Hi

In trying to solve the strut head problem I realised there were a number of other areas where XM's have body work degredation problems. Is it worth providing a single point focus to start searching or am I just illiterate when it comes to searching web sites.
Some suggested problem areas.
Strut Heads
Tarnished plastic chrome
Door lock cylinders
Door lock Screws
Bumper metal brackets
Hydraulic pipes
Jacking points
Spare Wheel carriers
Steel/Al corrosion

regards

XMexc
noz
Hi XMexec,

Sterling idea. Here's one to get started:

http://club-xm.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=250

Cheers

noz cool.gif
xmexclusive
Hi Noz

Just trying to see if I can upload files successfully.

How on earth do I add an attachment?

Regards

XMexc
noz
Hi XMecec,

When posting a new topic or replying to an existing one theres a box at the bottom of the screen with a 'browse' button. Clicking on this will bring up an 'Open Files' dialogue box from which you can navigate to the file in question on your hard drive. When the chosen file/picture is highlighted click on the 'Open' button'.

Currently only the following sections have this function:
Self help files
XM Issues
Petrol Specific
Diesel Specific
Hydraulic
Electrical
Wanted Available
(these are from memory because I'm at work just now, so please be gentle if I get it slightly wrong)

If the section does not permit uploading then the 'browse' button does not appear at the bottom of the page.

Cheers

noz cool.gif
xmexclusive
Hi Noz

Work? what is that, I thought it was something to do with repairing XM's.
Us doddering old ones are mostly exempt from the need to get up early any more.
Sorry to hear about you getting nasty correspondance about how slowly you drive.
I think it is things like file format and size particularly when sending photos that I need to know about. The files are Word Docs but the photos are comming from Abobe elements but are taken with a 6/12Mpic camera.

Thanks

XMexc
noz
Hi XMexec,

Another one for the potential corrosion traps:-

If you remove the inner plastic wheel arch liner you'll find a rats nest has gathered at the bottom closest to the drivers door. Somehow the crap gets into the gap behind the liner and gathers at this point.

I suggest once a year (usually in the spring, once the road salt has finished), remove the liners and give it a really good pressure wash. After all, it will save you buckets and may extend the cars life by one or two years.

Cheers

noz cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter