Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version The Xm

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
DoubleChevron
Hi Guys,

it's quiet around these parts.... Here's the XM thread I've started on my new car ... Maybe we'll prompt some discussion here smile.gif

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59918

seeya,
Shane L.
citroenxm
Shane

Been reading your posts on your "Local" board..

I see its a Bosch fuel system, go ramming some veggie in her and keep yur costs down!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif

Anyhow, if you try following the throttle cable (NOT the cruise control one or the kickdown one) There will be three there, grab the one below the cruise control vac and infront of the oil filler, pull it to the right.. IF it moves away WITHOUT pulling the throttle lever on the pump then the cable is out of adjustment... if it pulls the throttle lever straight away then start looking at other mechanical things... Im guessing its out of adjustment as you say you have no smoke...

Thats step one..

Keep informed..

Rgds

C
DerekW
I don't know how much veggie is in Oz, but here the price in Tescos and Asda has now shot up to £3.50 for 3 litres - not much cheaper than diesel.
citroenxm
Yes Derek I'm quite aware of the stupid price now!

I'll stick to me LPG for a bit longer..

Rgds

C
DoubleChevron
Thanks guys,

how can you tell what pump it has ?? The thread has several pages over there. I have fixed the accellerator cable, and handbrake release cable. It's pull quite well know once on boost using full throttle.

Sean said it was a bosch pump and could run on cooking oil smile.gif

seeya,
Shane L.
citroenxm
Shane,

Yes I told you here too it IS a BOSCH pump, read above!!

It has the Round boost pressure sensor for the over fueling when the turbo is blowing, on top of it...

READ: Its a bosch its a bosch.. it will run on veg, it will run on veg!!

Rgds

Paul
DoubleChevron
QUOTE (citroenxm @ Jun 2 2008, 10:04 AM)
Shane,

Yes I told you here too it IS a BOSCH pump, read above!!

It has the Round boost pressure sensor for the over fueling when the turbo is blowing, on top of it...

READ: Its a bosch its a bosch.. it will run on veg, it will run on veg!!

Rgds

Paul

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I know you said it's a bosch pump, I was just wondering how on earth you could tell !!! And now you have told me that too smile.gif

seeya,
Shane L.
citroenxm
Its all in the NAME, be it my user name or experiance!

I see it also has air con and cruise control too...

I nice spec.. It must be a late 1997 or so car at a guess.. its also tells me that from a Metal inlet manifold, unlike early units that had plastic inlets.. biggrin.gif

Rgds

C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter