Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Cd Multi-change & Cruise Control

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pages: 1, 2, 3
simondenison
After running various CX's for many years, I've decided to try an XM.
It's a '94 2.0i turbo auto saloon. The factory fit radio/casette seems to be able to accept a cd player - the manuual says it is a System Audio PC 302. Does anyone know of a compatible aftermarket multichange unit I can fit ?

The cruise control doesn't work either - any ideas on how I should start tracing the fault ?

Regards,
Simon
jamieb
I bought a replacement cd changer off Paul Johnson at the Citroen Centre in Oxford which he installed. Then the car died and I had the wit to remove the box but forgot to take the connecting cable. Those are available too but I can;t for the life of me remember the mail order business that does them. Any suggestions?
techmanagain
The cruise control doesn't work either - any ideas on how I should start tracing the fault ?<<<<<<<<<<

Start by taking apart the switch encased in the brake pedal footpad. This has proved effective on previous occasions, the CC then operating normally after cleaning.

citroenxm
1994, is that a S1.5 or a S2.?? I guess at 94 its a S1.5

Late S1.5 cars with the clarion RDS units use the Clarion CDC9250 6 disk changer.

I have the set up in ALL 3 of my XM's...

The units can get good money on Ebay, but also can be cheap with out the magazines, these are still available, however, I think I have a spare magazine with no unit to go with it..

The CD changer will then also operate from the steering controls, for track skip, disk change, and of course volume, via the head unit..

Units are VERY easy to install, the cable connects directly to the black 14 pin (I think) round plug, and to the unit at the other end... simple! The CDC9250 units are unfortunally to bulky to fit under the drivers seat completely out of biew, so have to go in the boot... I personally though, have mine loose on the floor under the passenger seat, but are on view from outside, but when I park up, I move the passenger seat forward the unit does then disapear under the seat.

Rgds

C
simondenison
Thanks for messages. I'll look out for the changer on e-bay - unless anyone has one for sale ?

I'll have a look at the brake pedal swtches and see if that sort's the CC.

How do I tell what mark my car is - I think it is a 1.5 (if that is possible) but don't know what the differences are.

Oh, and while I think about it, my car suffers from slight spluttering / misfires on light acceleration. I've replaced the plugs, leads and coil, (and air filter) but still not eliminated it.
Would the next sensible step be cleaning or replacing the fuel injectors ?

Regards
Simon
citroenxm
An s1.5 have a FEW tell tails...

The earth points are bolted rather then plugged, however, a few S1's have had this converted by their owners..

Another s1.5, is the TWO spoke steering wheel instead of a single...
Your suspension ECU I THINK will be a H3 unit, you'll need to pull out the ECU with the 2 plugs on it, a Black and a White one... the code will be stamped on the front under the Valeo name...

You should also have an RDS Radio fitted, instead of the ealryer basic radio, but seeing as you have CD changer compatability, thats already been answered..

Rgds

C
bigjohnh
Hi everyone,

My series 1.5 has an H4 suspension ecu.

The 2 spoke steering wheel is the real giveaway, you can't see the switches for the fog lights etc.

I have changed mine for a one spoke from a scrappy, much more Citroen.

Cheers

John
Jan-hendrik
QUOTE (bigjohnh @ Apr 19 2008, 08:48 AM)
Hi everyone,

The 2 spoke steering wheel is the real giveaway, you can't see the switches for the fog lights etc.

Cheers

John

The 2-spoke steering wheel is there for a reason: airbag. But it's like with the seat belts. You may never need them anyway, that is, until you do sad.gif In my book it's disposing of safety for looks.
Another thing is that insurance companies most probably won't allow you to alter safety features on a vehicle, or put you in a higher fee bracket.
bigjohnh
The series 1.5 had a 2 spoke wheel and NO airbag, the airbags arrived with series 2.

I think Citrien added the 2 Spoke wheel to jazz up the interior before they did a full job with series 2.

I wouldn't have attempted to alter an airbag equipped car.

I have heard stories of mechanics being injured by airbags when they were doing recall checks on Vauxhall Cavaliers back in the 1990's.

John
DrTim
QUOTE (Jan-hendrik @ Apr 19 2008, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (bigjohnh @ Apr 19 2008, 08:48 AM)
Hi everyone,

Cheers

John

The 2-spoke steering wheel is there for a reason: airbag. But it's like with the seat belts. You may never need them anyway, that is, until you do sad.gif In my book it's disposing of safety for looks.
Another thing is that insurance companies most probably won't allow you to alter safety features on a vehicle, or put you in a higher fee bracket.

Actually the airbag equiped wheel is known as four spoke.

There was recemt discussion in another thread about S1 vs S1.5. I have been meaning to check what Hydractive ECU is in mine, and start a separate thread about it. Mine with the 2 spoke non airbag wheel says "Auto" not "Normal" on the ride quality switch
and originally had a non RDS Clarion radio. but I have just won an RDS one on ebay,
lucky really because the one in there now is totally non-functional (again).

citroenxm
The "Auto" or "Normal" message seemed to change in the S1.5 run..

My V6 SEi Auto, a S1.5 on a K 1993 plate, has auto suspension, however, all 3 Onyx, thats one I sold a while back, a friends in current ownership, and my own Black Onyx, all on an M plate, S1.5s have Normal message...

A strange one....

Rgds

C
DrTim
QUOTE (citroenxm @ Apr 19 2008, 19:49 PM)
The "Auto" or "Normal" message seemed to change in the S1.5 run..

My V6 SEi Auto, a S1.5 on a K 1993 plate, has auto suspension, however, all 3 Onyx, thats one I sold a while back, a friends in current ownership, and my own Black Onyx, all on an M plate, S1.5s have Normal message...

A strange one....

Rgds

C

Mine is a K 1992 Presteige with no LCD readout, just the legends on the switch

Do some 1.5's have anti-sink then?
citroenxm
No I dont think Anti sink came into untill S2 cars...

Your XM is a base model then I guess it will also have Duel Heater controls for passenger and drivers side.. and no electric seats??

But with Leather being the Prestige?

I may be wrong though

Rgds

C
DerekW
Hi Simon,

Ref your non-working cruise control and further to citroenxm's comment about the brake switch, here is a post that I made in January of this year in answer to a similar query:

"This depends on which XM you have. The 2.5TD has electronic throttle control (fly by wire) and has a simple electronic cruise control that seems to rely on the engine computer to operate. If that's your car then I can't help.

All the other models have a mechanical system. Basically there is a vacuum pump driven by an electric motor, which supplies a vacuum to an actuator which is in turn connected to the throttle mechanism. Faults in the mechanical side are usually caused by either a perished vacuum hose or some derangement in the throttle connection.

The vacuum pump is switched on and off as required by the control system which is electrical. The main bits are the on/off switch (button on instrument panel with outline of an arrow on it), selector lever on steering column, a brake switch (the stop light switch which does two jobs) under the brake pedal, either a clutch switch for manual gearboxes or a different switch for autos, a relay on the front panel, the cruise control controller (on the front of the box housing all the other computers), the wiring connecting it all and of course the two fuses that feed it.

For the best information on how to check this rats nest, I suggest you go to "XM issues" in this forum and scroll down to the item "Cruise control gone again" dated 16 December 2006 with last post on 18 October 2007. If you have the vacuum type I'm pretty sure you'll find the answer there."

If the fault is not in the brake switch, I strongly suggest you follow the link in my last paragraph.

Derek
DrTim
QUOTE (citroenxm @ Apr 20 2008, 11:37 AM)
No I dont think Anti sink came into untill S2 cars...

Your XM is a base model then I guess it will also have Duel Heater controls for passenger and drivers side.. and no electric seats??

But with Leather being the Prestige?

I may be wrong though

Rgds

C

Almostt right, it has a/c and digital climeate control but no pockets under the flaps on the front doors.

I ike the manual seats.
Pages: 1, 2, 3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter