Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version For Reluctant Sale - 1992 Xm 2.0i Automatic

Club XM Forum > Available!
stu
I have enjoyed every single minute I've spent behind the wheel of my XM, but sadly my insurance has leapt up and fuel costs are mounting too so I really can't afford to run her. I will be getting a smaller, cheaper to insure diesel instead, probably a BX or ZX.

I bought the car in October for £500 and believe that was a fair price. Obviously the T&T are now that much shorter, so I'm willing to negotiate or look into some sort of swap or PX for a more economical car.

Basically, the car is very, very sound indeed. It was lovingly cared for by two owners before me and I have a full - and I do mean full - service history to back that up. Everything that's needed doing has been done, with some unnecessary jobs besides; this car has been truly loved.

Every issue that's surfaced since I bought the car has been mentioned on this forum so a search for posts under my username should bring everything to light.

user posted image

I'm going to list everything I can think of that's wrong with it; assume that everything else is in top notch condition!

Remote locking doesn't work
Central locking slightly unreliable - it doesn't always operate the boot
Temperature gauge doesn't work since I replaced the 'stat despite much bleeding (it had been running cold) but it doesn't overheat or lose any water.
Sunroof slides but doesn't tilt unless you give it a helping hand
Sunroof leaks a little
Bonnet slightly faded
Some trolley dings and a scuff to the front bumper
Glovebox lid doesn't stay up
Passenger electric window slow
Low water light sometimes comes on even though the water level isn't low

I honestly can't think of any other faults off-hand; the rest of it is in excellent condition. Tax to end of April, MoT to 10th April.

Feel free to PM me with your phone number if you want to chat about the car.

Blog.

Pictures.
stu
A quick update!

I'd booked it in for an MoT tomorrow, so that I can sell it with full MoT, but at the weekend the exhaust started blowing and it's developed a strong smell of petrol so I've cancelled it. I'll look it over at the weekend and with a bit of luck just find a loose clamp or something.

So it is still available! Does anyone want to make me a silly offer as it is? The MoT runs out on the 14th April so it will need to be gone before then.

I want to replace it with something diesel powered and cheap to insure - preferably a BX or ZX estate but would consider some kind of part-exchange with anything dieselly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter