Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Xm Being Broken

Club XM Forum > Available!
Pages: 1, 2
robertxmb
Hi Ciaran & robert e smart,
There is an XM on ebay being broken which is close to you if you are interested:-
item no. 330216865407.

Robert
robert_e_smart
Well Spotted Robert

Thanks very much!

Ciaran, if you read this, I have sent the boy a messgae to get his phone # and more info if you are also interested.

Regards

Robert
Ciaran
Robert, to echo Robert's sentiments, thank you very much indeed, I'd never have spotted this!

I actually live in Lisburn, I wonder where this car is, I haven't seen it around, but that doesn't mean anything.

Robert, yes I'd be very interested indeed in this, do you need any bits yourself? If you have his number I'd appreciate it if you could send it my way too, if that's Ok?

I'm more than happy to collect any bits you're after too, save you the trip, or we could even go together if you like?
Funny, just tonight I was making plans to go and see that one in Bangor you mentioned, as my blower motor wiring is kaput again. I do need some general bits and pieces for the S2 as well....

What a find! Thats made my night! biggrin.gif

Ciarán
robert_e_smart
Hi Ciaran

At the moment I don't really need anything as such, my XM is behaving very well (hopefully she won't spite me for making that comment). I was thinking of going along to see the car, and if there was any thing that caught my eye. I'd be most interested in an electronic armrest assembly if the car has one, and one of the door chrome strips depending on condition, and possibly front lights.

I'll definately pass on the number, or any info that I get regarding this car, I just think it's a shame that it is being sacrificed for the likes of a 205 conversion. However in its current state, it would be a good base to maybe do an engine conversion on, ie dropping a HDi engine into it; the only good thing about my fathers C5 is the 136 bhp HDi engine... I wonder if he would let me sacrifice his C5 to save that XM!!! laugh.gif

I wonder if it is a series 1 car or not, late 1994 being the transistion between the 2 types of Xm.

On another note, a friend of mine spotted your series 1 car parked up in Belfast the other evening (unless there is someone else about Belfast with a series 1 meteor grey xm!!). I have yet to see another Xm down this neck of the woods.

Regards

Robert
robertxmb
Hi there C&R,
Bit confusing with two Roberts. Happy to see it was welcome news. I know nothing about the car - could be a total shed but not far to go to find out. I would be interested to know the model details and general condition. I may be interested in a few bits, a headlight washer cover offside if fitted. also front offside corner bumper trim if in good condition. The autobox if same miles as car would be worth saving if cheap and either of you could store it. Either to sell on or to pick up a good car with a dead box.
Obviously he only wants the engine so in the circumstances you may get cheap parts. Good luck anyway ,look forward to hearing about it.

Robertxm!
Ciaran
Hi Robert,

Yes, I must admit I was a wee bit 'FFS' when I read the feedback and saw it was all Pug 106/205 engine conversion bits etc, but what can you do.

Good call about taking the whole car and dropping a HDI in it, wonder if your dad would notice?! biggrin.gif

As for my car in Belfast, it likely was, I'm out and about most nights doing wee jobs. Does he remember where abouts it was?

Now that I think of that white XM, there was a white S1 hatch I used to see around north Belfast / Yorkgate the odd time about 3 or 4 years ago, but I hadn't seen it in quite a while, perhaps thats our car.....

Cheers

Ciarán
Ciaran
QUOTE (robertxmb @ Mar 7 2008, 22:06 PM)
Hi there C&R,
Bit confusing with two Roberts. Happy to see it was welcome news. I know nothing about the car - could be a total shed but not far to go to find out. I would be interested to know the model details and general condition. I may be interested in a few bits, a headlight washer cover offside if fitted. also front offside corner bumper trim if in good condition. The autobox if same miles as car would be worth saving if cheap and either of you could store it. Either to sell on or to pick up a good car with a dead box.
Obviously he only wants the engine so in the circumstances you may get cheap parts. Good luck anyway ,look forward to hearing about it.

Robertxm!

Hi Robert,

Even if the car is a shed, its still a great find, even for spares. As the guy selling it seems intent on taking the engine, we probably can't take it as a complete car anyway.
Would anyone be interested in the box? Unfortunately I have absolutely nowhere to store it, as the roof just caved in on my already pathetically inadequete shed, I could possibly convince my dad to keep it in his, but would only get away with it for a few weeks before he cracked up biggrin.gif

Hmmm I wonder what he'd take for the whole car.....

I can't believe its on my doorstep and I didn't even notice smile.gif

Ciarán

robert_e_smart
Hi Ciaran, Robert

The chap who is breaking the car is called Simon, his number is 07907272613. The car is in Maghaberry. And he is a fool, as he is using the car for a 205 conversion, and the car was in very good condition when he bought it for a snip at £400. He was shocked when I told him what he could have got for the car if he had left it alone, but some people will never learn!

It's a 1994 Si Estate.

He tells me he bought the car approx 5 years ago, and it has been sitting at the back of his house/garden for that time, and has become stuck. He had to use a "grab lift" to move the car, so the back of the car is more or less destroyed. Can't put the HDi in it now mad.gif , I think the old boy would notice the difference... ohhh my isn't this nice and comfortable, what nice seats, what a nice interior (complete opposite to the C5, I'll not start ranting about the C5's short comings now)

It has 15" after market alloys fitted. (no nice bowling ball wheel trims for me sad.gif or nice alloys for anyone else!)

The interior has been untouched, and has grey electric seats, which I imagine to be the same as the seats fitted to my car. Car has the original XM radio also. All hydraulics are there too. The idea of a lowrider 205 didn't appeal to him when I suggested it!

Has a towbar too. Which I imagine will not fit my saloon car.

He has received a lot of interest in the lights, and was thinking of listing them on e-bay, but hasn't done so yet.

He'd be happy enough for us to go round and take bits off the car, but not this weekend, possibly during the week/next weekend.

If anyone is interested in any particular bits and bobs, I'm sure either myself or Ciaran could provide assistance.

Regards

Robert
robert_e_smart
I have room at home to keep things like the auto box etc, but it would be on a short term basis, as my dad would also crack up after a while.
robertxmb
Hi Ciaran,
I share your sentiments completely re the intended use of the engine. If either of you want the car with or without engine for saving then go for it. The few bits I am looking for at present are unimportant. I only noticed its location by chance.
Must say I feel a bit guilty about subsidising the demise of an XM in that way, but if you can't change the outcome then drive a hard bargain for the bits. Wonder what the strut tops are like?

Robert(xmb)

Ciaran
Hi Robert & Robert, laugh.gif

The chap who is breaking the car is called Simon, his number is 07907272613. The car is in Maghaberry. And he is a fool, as he is using the car for a 205 conversion, and the car was in very good condition when he bought it for a snip at £400. He was shocked when I told him what he could have got for the car if he had left it alone, but some people will never learn!

Shame to see a good XM goto waste to facilitate yet another carbon copy 205....but its his money and choice I guess.

He tells me he bought the car approx 5 years ago, and it has been sitting at the back of his house/garden for that time, and has become stuck. He had to use a "grab lift" to move the car, so the back of the car is more or less destroyed.

Fantastic.... unsure.gif
I wonder how it became stuck, were the brakes seized or what? Strange, only thing I can think of there is the parking brake seized on, still, sounds like thats the least of its worries now...

The interior has been untouched, and has grey electric seats, which I imagine to be the same as the seats fitted to my car. Car has the original XM radio also. All hydraulics are there too.

Well the good news there is those seats will fit straight into your car, its just a matter of undoing two bolts and they just lift out / in. The only thing you'd have to do is wire in a power supply from somewhere, would be a pretty easy swap I imagine. If the seat material doesn't matter, its easy enough to remove the bases and fit the electric base to your existing seat...

Has a towbar too. Which I imagine will not fit my saloon car.

Yes, I believe they're different sad.gif

He has received a lot of interest in the lights, and was thinking of listing them on e-bay, but hasn't done so yet.

Strange, does he have it advertised elsewhere or what?

He'd be happy enough for us to go round and take bits off the car, but not this weekend, possibly during the week/next weekend.

Good good, I'd certainly like to do so if you're up for it at some point?

If anyone is interested in any particular bits and bobs, I'm sure either myself or Ciaran could provide assistance.

Yep, provided its reasonably easy to remove and store, shouldn't be a problem.

I'm already building up a bit of a shopping list, theres a fair few things I've realised I need when I go through everything. The only thing that remains to be seen is what kind of money he'll be after for the individual bits, if its reasonable I'd take quite a bit of it, like strut tops etc.

Cheers for finding out all the info Robert (and indeed, for spotting it in the first place Robert:))

Ciarán
Ciaran
QUOTE (robertxmb @ Mar 7 2008, 23:23 PM)
Hi Ciaran,
I share your sentiments completely re the intended use of the engine. If either of you want the car with or without engine for saving then go for it. The few bits I am looking for at present are unimportant. I only noticed its location by chance.
Must say I feel a bit guilty about subsidising the demise of an XM in that way, but if you can't change the outcome then drive a hard bargain for the bits. Wonder what the strut tops are like?

Robert(xmb)

Hi Robert,

Yes its disappointing that its being broken, but as hes pretty much wrecked it, I don't think theres much that can be done, but at least salvage some bits so that others can be kept on the road.
Frustrating, but what can you do...

Still a good find:)

What bits are you after anyway?

Ciarán
robert_e_smart
Believe me Ciraran, I found it very hard to not call him a dickhead, and have a go at him for destroying a perfectly good car. Why could have not have destroyed a bloody vectra or mundaneo to beef up his 205!

I'm defiantely keen on going and seeing the car, there are somethings that I can strip off it and store for the future. That may be something we can work out with this chap during the week. Electrical components and some hydraulic bits and bobs are what I am after - rather the things that are most likely to give me trouble in the future.

Depending on how much he wants for the parts, I could bring along our cattle trailer and dismantle as much as possible off it, before he sends the car to the weigh bridge; however by the sounds of it, he's not clever enough to even think of doing that either! I'd make a point of clearing some space on the farm to put the stuff into.

Regards

Robert
Ciaran
Hi Robert,

Yep it was the electrical oddities and hydraulic things im interested in too, so I'm sure we can come to some arrangement between us, and obviously anything that the other forum members want. I've made a list of things I actually need, and things that would be 'nice' to have, so we can negotiate whos getting what laugh.gif

This is all provided its not crazy money for the bits. smile.gif

Is there a particular day of the week / weekend that would suit you to go and see it? Or if you want to save you a journey I could even go up for a scout around it before we both visit.

Anyway, would be good to get something arranged.

Cheers

Ciarán
robert_e_smart
Hi Ciaran,

Any of the weekend days would suit, preferably saturday. As for week days, they are out for me.

Providing he doesn't want some stupid amount of money for the parts, I would be intent on removing the best body panels, nose, interior, electronic switch gear, heater control, speedo, electric motors etc, and hydraulic components just so that they don't get crushed

I'm sure we'll be able to sort the splitting up of things no problem. I could keep some of the things here for you in the interim until you get some storage sorted.

I'm getting ready to source some new CX panels and doors at the moment prior to a summer respray, and this is influencing me to get these xm bits and bobs now, so that I'll have them if I ever need them in the future for a future xm project, even though XMs are standing up to the years better than the CX ever did, I'd prefer to be safe than sorry.

Regards

Robert
Pages: 1, 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter