Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version "christine" And The Aa Man (update 3)

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pages: 1, 2
xmexclusive
Hi Bantam

It might be worth a try to push down the "L" shaped plastic lever on the back end of one of the door locks. You need a thin bladed steel cooking spatula with a blade at least 150mm long. Trim the end square or even inverted "v" if it is rounded to have a better chance of catching the plastic lever. Insert this between the window glass and the rubber trim at the back edge of the window. Angle it virtically as the lever is 30mm plus in from the face of the door panel and about 6mm in front of the key position. If this does not work then try levering out the rubber trim at the bottom of the window glass so you can see a little what you are doing. If this does not work then with the rubber strip pulled out you will see in the centre of the glass the plastic spigot that goes through a hole in the glass. With a long flat bladed screwdriver push off the horseshoe plastic clip that fixes the spigot then see if you can push the spigot back through the glass. If you can the glass can be pushed down. If you do end up breaking glass make it a rear opening one as these are much cheaper to replace than any of the fixed glass as you can do it yourself. Cover the glass with masking tape or sticky plastic film so that as few bits as possible need clearing up afterwards. I can supply replacement glass but I guess others will be nearer to you. Once you are in I could find you a spare passenger (or drivers) door lock with key to fit so you have something for emergency access if it helps.

Regards

XMexc
Jan-hendrik
QUOTE (colinxm @ Mar 7 2008, 18:05 PM)
Hi Bantam,  Sorry about that, worked fine on my old 1990 2.0 SEI - not easy but possible.
Perhaps Citroen changed the tailgate design on the later cars as this was common knowledge in certain circles a few years ago...

Colin.P

Looking at the parts catalogue, the layout for saloon and estate is different.

I did manage to wedge the door tops open and get my wire down to the PUSH LATCH's i slowly pulled up the latch's with my coat hanger wire and guess what the latch's came up and fell off sad.gif
Same for the passenger side.

Since you had this wire inside, couldn't pull the key from the ignition?
aengus-xmv6
or perhaps snag the door release....
Bantam
Well "Christine" is sat there still laughing at me this morning.

Boy i've tried everything to get into the car and she knows i just wont break the window.

I think i may have to concede to a Locksmith does anyone know if they are expensive ?

Thanks all for now.
bitontheside
Not going to help you in the slightest but a wise man told me years ago to open a window if the engine is running and you need to get out of the car to do something - I do that to this day!
jackyboy
Can't you just go to Your Cit dealer and order a key?

I only had one key for mine so I took the log book in to the Cit dealer, 2 days later a new key, about £20 if I remember rightly
aengus-xmv6
QUOTE (bitontheside @ Mar 8 2008, 12:43 PM)
Not going to help you in the slightest but a wise man told me years ago to open a window if the engine is running and you need to get out of the car to do something - I do that to this day!

yep, me too since the first XM did exactly this to me, but engine not running...
Used to remind the garage/MOT places too whenever it went in for anything.

Central locking, like many things, is great when it's working properly, but when you get an odd glitch or fault, can be a right PITA. Price of convenience as we make more and more automatic is that every now and again we get stung.

Friend has electric windon on the ovlov fail to close on day - just after she pressed the start button.... on the car wash. had to just sit there and get soaked.

regards
Dave
Pages: 1, 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter