Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Our Citroens

Club XM Forum > Readers Rides
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Citroenmad
Here are a few pics of our current Citroens: (i hope they arnt too big!)

1996 2.0 SX XM Auto:

We have had this for over 6 years now, its been 100% reliable and is still in pretty great condition given that its now 12 years old, it still feels, looks and drives like new. It gets well pampered, the spheres are always topped up every 2 years to keep it at its best.

We didnt look for an XM, it found us and are we glad it did, its an awsome car. We had had lots of Xms in for services etc but never spent any time with one until we bought this one.

Its now a pleasure car and is not in daily use, we keep it for long distances (as thats what they are so great at, isnt it) and weekend pottering. Over the winter it gets very little use to preserve it from the winter road grime, so it gets tucked away from the bad weather.

It is the SX spec so not brimming with toys, its got all i want. I have considered swapping it for a diesel with air con, but this one is ours, we know everything about it, its in great condition inside and out and everything works! So it seems silly to ever sell it.

user posted image

We have always had Citroens, always having atleast two at a time, even if they were not daily users. We also have this:

1995 Citroen C15D 6 Wheeler. This is the only RHD 6 wheeler C15 made by Citroen. My dad ordered it new in 1995 from a french Citroen dealer, the conversion was done by a company for Citroen called Chauson Leotard. They made 101 6 wheel C15s. The last one is ours and the only RDH version. It has the rear seat option with seat belts for three in the rear, with side opening door and optional power steering. :

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

1955 Citroen Big 6H. Believed to be one of only two RHD models still in existance with hydropneumatic rear suspension. Only 74 RHD Big 6s were converted to Hydropneumatic rear suspension, as test model for the forthcoming DS. Ours was originally a road research car fitted with a fifth middle wheel to test the skid resistance of road surfaces for the road research laboratories in London. Which it did for 16 years before being sold though the MOD auction.

It is now fully restored, we have owned it for 27 years and have won many trophies with it. Its also been featured in quite a few magazines over the years too, its even cropped up in a few odd magazines, i was once flicking through a truck mag in Smiths and there was a picture of my car!

Here it is:

The left one!:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

How it was when it was new:
user posted image
bitontheside
I like XM's in white. I have never seen the car in black - looks very nice!
DerekW
I don't know if it's an optical illusion but your Big 6 makes the XM look like a small car!
steelcityuk
I love the look of the XM in white.

Nice collection!

Steve.
Citroenmad
QUOTE (DerekW @ Mar 5 2008, 15:39 PM)
I don't know if it's an optical illusion but your Big 6 makes the XM look like a small car!

Haha, it does a little yeah, the traction is as big if not a little bigger than the XM.

Thanks for the comments smile.gif
kiwi
I'm not normally a fan of white as a car colour, but that XM looks outstanding.

Regards,
Kiwi
DerekW
Where are you, Citroenmad? Maybe a future club meet should be at your place so we can admire your vehicles.

Now there's a thought. Perhaps we could organise a meet at each of the members who have an interesting stable of steeds.

Derek
citroenxm
A hydraulic Traction Avant! A real WOW!!

Ordinary tractions are rare enough, but one with the Original Hydraulic system, just GOD DAMM AMAZING!!

I thought I was citroen mad, but your name really means it and beats me.

And the Visa/C15 Van to go with it!!?

Dont tell me you have an HDi XM Prototype somewhere, hiding for a test bed for the HDi engine that replaced the 2.1td!!

Thats my ultimate goal, to make an HDi 110bhp XM... I have the car, a Black one, just need a 110 Xantia now..

NICE MOTORS!

Rgds

C
Henry
Stunning XM in white-a rarely seen colour and it suits the car well!
minijet
If there's ever a contest for the best XM photo, that first one of the white XM will certainly be in the running.

The windows look particularly dark in that pic and contrast well with the brilliant white paintwork.

Reminds me of Andmcit's CX, another Citroen that looks particularly nice in white.

Citroenmad
QUOTE (citroenxm @ Mar 6 2008, 19:44 PM)
A hydraulic Traction Avant! A real WOW!!

Ordinary tractions are rare enough, but one with the Original Hydraulic system, just GOD DAMM AMAZING!!

I thought I was citroen mad, but your name really means it and beats me.

And the Visa/C15 Van to go with it!!?

Dont tell me you have an HDi XM Prototype somewhere, hiding for a test bed for the HDi engine that replaced the 2.1td!!

Thats my ultimate goal, to make an HDi 110bhp XM... I have the car, a Black one, just need a 110 Xantia now..

NICE MOTORS!

Rgds

C

It is quite rare indeed!

Currently its not on the road unfortunately. The day the top picture was take, beside the C6, on the way home the engine developed a knock and we had to call out the RAC and got it transported home so to not do any more damage to the engine. So its been off the road for 18 months.

Hence the rear picture of it having no front wings, thats how it currently looks but its resting in the garage waiting to be put back together.

However on that day it won the car the judges would most like to take home with them (most desirable maybe, i forget). So it needs to be on the road for the start of this years summer events.

Although the engine is rebuilt and sat back in the car. Today i went to get the gearbox adjusted as it was always a problem, so thats ready to go back in now. So it should be on its way to being on the road again in no time.

Hopefully ill be able to make some events in it again this year.

Nope sadly no HDi XM here! Although that does sound a fantastic idea cool.gif

We have had Citroens for years and years, infact i carnt remember ever being without at least one Citroen.

Thanks for all your nice comments on my Xm smile.gif

I do like the white, as people have said not many cars look good in white but the XM really does, it seems to bring out its lines more. There are a couple more pictures of our XM in my introduction thread, but i might post them up here to keep this for pictures.

Thanks
Andmcit
Great pics, great cars! Not ALL Citroens though!? huh.gif

I've never been a big fan of white cars, but having owned several now I actually
believe the colour does show the graphic of the car well - you do read the window
line easier and on a white Xantia estate I have it really does show the kick up
window line very dramatically.

Most cars today were designed to look good in silver for the same reason and that
may even be the reason it's now 'the new red; as far as popularity on new cars goes!

I'd certainly have a white Xm s1 or s2 saloon now having seen these pics but think
I may manage to resist an estate!

Andrew
Citroenmad
No not all Citroen unfortunately. And my sisters trusty blue/bown Saxo has been changed for a freelander now too! huh.gif Down to just the 3 Citroens now.

We had had a whole range of Citroens over the years:

2cvs, Acadiane, Dyanes, Ds Safari, Ds saloon, 3 BXs, Xantia 1.9TD, Xantia Activa, Silver Xm VSX, Cx 22TRS (one of the last ones), GSs, GSAs, AX, Saxo. Probably a few more ive forgotten to mention. The older cars being a very long time ago.
Citroenmad
Here are two pictures from a Citroen meeting in May.

Since the earlier pictures the Xm has had new stainless steel side strips and genuine front and rear chrome inserts from the Citroen dealer. They really have improved it so much!

user posted image

Yes it was in concours, although i think i might have been pusing it a little!

One with our C15

user posted image

DoubleChevron
I think there is a couple of Big 6 hydraulics in Australia..... I've never seen one of them though sad.gif .... You want strange you should see the hatchback/famialle version of the traction (more rear legroom than 1/2 dozen limo's combined !!).

Is your car really an original michelin testing platform ??

seeya,
Shane L.
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter