Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version They Just Keep Sucking Me Back In.

Club XM Forum > Introductions
Boris
Hi. I've just returned, again!, to the Citroen world. I bought my first CX in 1978 and this was followed by 5 more and 3 GSs (I'd love another). up to 1989.

There then followed a 10 year break, during which I looked enviously at every passing CX or XM and I finally cracked and bought an XM 2.0 SI in the dark for a tiny amount. It had all the usual silly faults and the heater matrix used to squirt boiling water on my left foot, but it turned out to be a brilliant car until I wrapped it round a very solid traffic calming post one dark wet night!

Another gap followed, only 9 years this time but I couldn't stand it any longer. I've just bought a '96 XM 2.0 Turbo Exclusive Auto (with 100% working electrics!). I only got it two days ago but already I'm transported back to my youth in a car that still reminds me of my first CX. I don't care I paid top dollar, the price has already become insignificant.

I've had all sorts of cars from brand new tiny hatchbacks through to a Saab 9000 Turbo but nothing, but nothing has the appeal of LHM.

I'm beginning to think that Citroenitis is a completely incurable illness!
Norman
Hi Boris.
Did you Buy the one for sale in london? The Silver Exclusive with the missing Headlight cover?

Norman
Ciaran
Welcome Boris.

Sounds like a lovely XM you've got yourself there.
Re: the Citronitis, you came to the right place, you'll find quite a few like minded people here, some with cases even worse than yours! laugh.gif

Ciarán
Boris
QUOTE (Norman @ Feb 26 2008, 07:55 AM)
Hi Boris.
Did you Buy the one for sale in london? The Silver Exclusive with the missing Headlight cover?

Norman

I wondered how long it'd take to be found out!
Haven't they all got missing washer covers?

So far it's better than I could have hoped for, apart from the nastiest repaint job ever on the front bumber. The previous, previous owner just sent it down to the main dealers for every little niggle. I'll swear half the car is new!

Ciaran
QUOTE (Boris @ Feb 26 2008, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (Boris)

I wondered how long it'd take to be found out!

There's not much XM related goings on that get past us biggrin.gif

Ciarán
Peter.N.
Welcome back Boris

I also arrived at the XM via the CX route (and a few Bx's as well) I now have three of the things, all 2.1 manuals and I keep getting this strong urge to buy any others I see.

Try and look after this one! smile.gif

Peter.N.
hydractive
If a recent member like me can be allowed to add to this topic....

I too keep getting attacks of Citroenitis.
After many Citroens I bought a 2.0 litre turbo. When this expired I lashed out and against my better judgement bought a 3 year old Mercedes 320E CDi Avante Garde estate. What a dreadful car! Very fast (virtually 200 bhp from a 3.2 twin ohc 4 valve straight 6 diesel) but poor roadholding, poor ride, poor seats, poor brakes (discs worn out after 20,000 miles) and no fun. Not at all.

I sold it and bought a 2.5 XM diesel estate. Bit unreliable, but so what! Great engine, lovely to drive, incomparable ride, great seats, etc. But you know all that!

By the way, can anyone answer my request elsewhere for help on leaky hydraulics!! biggrin.gif
Peter.N.
Can't find you request re 'leaky hydraulics' can you point me in the right direction?

Peter.N.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter