Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Multi Car Insurance

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pages: 1, 2, 3
onthecut
Hi all.

I think the whole insurance scene has become a farce (albeit an expensive one). How can it be that it's cheaper for my various offspring to insure a V8 Land Rover than, say, a diesel AX or almost anything else ?
Why when my eldest has 5 years no claims but is under 25, can't I have her on as a named driver on the XM, when she can have a three and a half litre Landy and has been running whiz bang diesel Pugs that probably leave the XM standing ?
Son of a friend recently paid extra to put a friend on his policy to share the driving when they went away, for which he was charged. Came to remove him from the policy and was told he would have to pay extra ! Why ? Because the friend was older than he and viewed as a beneficial influence.
Mate of mine went in to insure an XJS --- quote --- £600 odd. Told them he had a mate who had a policy for £100 odd -- clerk goes away, comes back and says they can do that too --- just for the asking.
All in all, I think most insurers are just money grabbing charlatans.

Mike.
SamWise1972
What really pissed me off with my current insurer is that I'd gone through an online quote compare service, and had one from them for £280. When he quoted me £650, I spluttered, and told him about that, and he said "Oh, it's always a bit cheaper if you get it online....."

Amazing.
onthecut
QUOTE (SamWise1972 @ Feb 14 2008, 12:46 PM)
What really pissed me off with my current insurer is that I'd gone through an online quote compare service, and had one from them for £280. When he quoted me £650, I spluttered, and told him about that, and he said "Oh, it's always a bit cheaper if you get it online....."

Amazing.

Hi Sam

Just looking at your vehicle list (and very off topic), I'm sitting on a brand new Bedford 460 low blow injection pump -- although if I recall correctly, your Panorama has a smaller lump. Still, if you know anyone in the market it will be available at the right price.

Mike.
SamWise1972
Mine's a 466, and it had injector pump trouble 12 years ago - the old CAV is bound to let go in the end. Dunno if they're interchangeable between 466 and 460 though?
beachcomber
Mike -

Bank managers, estate agents, lawyers, insurance companies and Dick Turpin

beachcomber
rowanmoor
QUOTE (beachcomber @ Feb 15 2008, 11:00 AM)
and Dick Turpin

Our vicar has traced his family tree back to Dick Turpin laugh.gif
dean
Does he point a gun at you when he comes round with the collection plate then? biggrin.gif
rowanmoor
No tongue.gif , but it did make for an amusing illustration in a sermon.
Pages: 1, 2, 3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter