Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Here We Go Again.

Club XM Forum > Sadly it has to go...
Pages: 1, 2, 3
minijet
My second (and last) XM will be going to the crusher in a few days. If there are any members in the Yorkshire area that need one for spares there are plenty of usable bits on it.
It's on Ebay now, but I forgot to get the item number.
I'll post it on here later, got to go out now.

Paul.
minijet
Ebay item number 130187568514.
It's a maroon 2.0i hatch, 1992 J reg.
Clutch is on the way out and tax has run out.
Paul.
citroenxm
Mini jet,

Sent you an email.....

Of course!!

Rgds
citroenxm
Andmcit
Citroenxm, you know, if you're trying to match the silly number of
Xm's I've managed to accumulate you're welcome to buy some of
mine you know!! ;-)

Andrew
Andmcit
...and you'll need to streamline that signature of yours,
as soon the length of the whole forum will double in size
- you'll end up having one posting per forum page!! cool.gif

Andrew
Andmcit
Paul, is it a base i or an Si?

Is it a straightforward 8v or a turbo?

Would be a shame to scrap it; some of the
bx forum guys appear keen on owning an Xm...

Andrew
Ken newbold
I've posted a link on BXClub stating that I have seen this car and it is as good as the seller claims.

I can't see this one going to the crusher somehow. wink.gif
minijet
Andrew,
It's a base i and it's not a turbo.
Paul.
Ken newbold
Paul, how bad is the clutch slippping?

Could you not nurse-maid it along until the warmer weather? It's not too bad a job doing a clutch on these but 250 seems like a good price from a garage.

I could certainly do it in warmer weather but not right now as I don't think I would have room in my garage to work on an XM sad.gif

My thoughts are if it's only begining to slip, with caareful driving it could easiy last until the spring and having seen this car, I'm convinced it would be worth more than 250.

Haven't checked the price of a clutch as I'm away just now but it could be worth checking.
minijet
Hi Ken,
The clutch slip is hardly noticable, but I know that it's going to get worse.
The problem is I'm keeping two cars on the road (I think most Citroen drivers keep a spare) and it's just too expensive for me.
The other car is an Astra, it's pretty basic but it is very reliable, not something I can say about any of the quirky (or perhaps cranky) Citroens I've had.
The XM (particularly the turbo) is the nicest car I've ever driven) , but I'm afraid that for me the bad points of owning a Citroen have started to outweigh the good points.
It's not been an easy decision, my heart says keep it, but my head says ditch the money pit.
It has to go.
Paul.

Ken newbold
OK if you're mindis made up sad.gif I have it on watch and will be keeping a close eye on it. I don't particulary want it, but I'm not going to let it go for scrap. I should be back in UK on 8th but that may change due to a number of reasons in the next couple of days.
But will be back no later than 13th.

I would just park it in the drive a wait for some warmer weather.
aengus-xmv6
QUOTE (minijet @ Jan 5 2008, 15:07 PM)
Hi Ken,
The clutch slip is hardly noticable, but I know that it's going to get worse.
The problem is I'm keeping two cars on the road (I think most Citroen drivers keep a spare) and it's just too expensive for me.
The other car is an Astra, it's pretty basic but it is very reliable, not something I can say about any of the quirky (or perhaps cranky) Citroens I've had.
The XM (particularly the turbo) is the nicest car I've ever driven) , but I'm afraid that for me the bad points of owning a Citroen have started to outweigh the good points.
It's not been an easy decision, my heart says keep it, but my head says ditch the money pit.
It has to go.
Paul.

my 2.0SEi ran for quite a while after the clutch initially started to slip, and I don't hang about and didn't ease up much from that point either. Mind I was doing a lot of long distance tavel which helped. Clutch plate was almost down to the rivets when replaced at 117K miles.

Does the pedal stay low to the floor now too, or is it returning back to the normal position? If it still returns fully, then you'll probably be ok for a little while.

A lot will depend on your use - lot of hills/stop-start will wear if quicker.

regards
Dave
minijet
Hi Dave,
I think the clutch slips only in fifth gear (maybe fourth as well) up hills.
I can zip around ok in the lower gears.
I think it'll be ok for a few miles yet.
But it will need replacing.
The main problem is not having anywhere to work on it.
Also, I've never been that keen on this XM. I had a newer 2.0 turbo VSX before this one, and I was a bit disapointed by the performance and spec of the 2.0i. I also don't like the suspension on the older models (sinks when parked).
The bodywork really is in good condition though, and polishes up nicely.
Now if somebody wanted to extract the gutless 2.0i lump from it and install a 2.0 turbo, and fit a VSX or Exclusive interior, they could have themselves a very nice set of wheels.
Over to you Ken............. wink.gif
aengus-xmv6
nah, I've a nice S1 v6 lump sitting in the garage, much nicer... wink.gif
minijet
Purely out of interest.....How difficult would it be to put a 2.0 turbo or V6 into this car.....not that I'm thinking of doing it of course, but presumably the electrics, engine mounts, exhaust would need to be changed, what else?
Has anyone tried it before???
Pages: 1, 2, 3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter