Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Xantia Rain Sensor To Xm?

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pages: 1, 2
Ciaran
If you really want this feature, I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to design your own. After all, components such as thermistors are readily available. All you'd need to do is design some kind of circuit to trigger the wipers as long as theres an input from an external (windscreen mounted? thermistor).

Of course, you'd need to do something to interpret just how much thermistor current there is (i.e how wet the windscreen is), and adjust the wiper speed accordingly. Still possible though.

Ciarán
aengus-xmv6
believe mostuse refracted light to decide when to wipe...

there's some available on fleabay at the moment - universal kits, but around £65 + shipping - vaguely tempted, but not that much quite yet.
David Hallworth
QUOTE (robertmnorton @ Apr 8 2008, 18:09 PM)
Hi all, a bit late with this one. Again only multiplexed xm's had auto wipe, no multiplexed xm,s were exported out of France.

Are you sure of that?

I'm in the process of buying a 2000 W reg V6 Exclusive that was UK registered and is multiplexed.

Regards

David.
robertmnorton
Hi David, from the info on LASER that is the case - but of course that may not reflect reality.Also as my previous entry, only a batch from 0RGA 7490 TO 79XX.My own 2.1 VSX AUTO build date, JULY 2000 is definitely not multiplexed.A trial build batch of vehicles in 1994 went to French government services i believe ,but although introduced into the XANTIA circa 96/97 never found it's full incorporation into the XM. Probably as end of life production run was already planned due dwindling sales figures.There is some more info on LASER and CITROEN.NET.Your proposed car will certainly be a novelty in XM circles!
xmexclusive
Hi Robert

By January 1998 Citroen list the following Multiplexed XM's.

1994 model year batch T0 details not known but suspect that this was the batch that went to the French government. Multiplexed Mk1's no less!

1995 model year batch T1 turbo D 12 (chassis no 00GX5001 - 00GX5200)

1996 model year batch T2 turbo D 12 (chassis no 00WC0401 - 00WC1000)

1997 model year batch T3 2.5 turbo D (chassis no 00NZ6001 - 00NZ6300)

With each batch they increased the number of items included in the multiplexing. The T3 batch made in 1996 were the first batch to get the automatic windscreen wipers. They also got drivers seat and side mirrors memory function for two drivers.

I have no details of multiplexing in the last 3 model years of XM production but think it unlikely there were not further batches of multiplexed XM's.

Regards

XMexc
David Hallworth
The car I am looking at buying was built on 26th May 2000, and has an RP No. of 8600.

I have been told by the seller it is multiplexed, if anyone else can shed any light on this that would be fantastic!

Regards

David.
robertmnorton
Hi David, xmexclusive has provided all the definitive data on the multiplexed models, so if yours fits in there somewhere you have your answer.If still in doubt, look for the VAN BUS controllers that service the the main body electrical sytem,or the CAN BUS controllers that service the engine sytems.I don't believe the hyd system/abs were incorporated in to either sytem.These bus controllers are small boxes scattered in various locations throughout the vehicle. The obvious ones will be behind the l/h headlight - 2 off - mounted by the aux fuse block.
robertmnorton
Hi David , did you get the car?Did you confirm whether multiplexed or not?If you have registered at http://service.citroen.com/ you can access the characteristics of your vehicle by VIN No.Once accessed enter your vin in the box and click on characteristics on the l/h menu,another menu appears, click electrical and it states amongst other thing multiplexed or not multiplexed.
robertmnorton
Hi again David, that link doesn't seem to work,try a search for "portail ac" this does work
Pages: 1, 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter