Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version 2.5td Turbo Operation And Repair

Club XM Forum > Self Help Files
noz
Hi all,

Please find attached a self-help file describing the operation of the turbo on the 2.5TD in words and pictures. The file includes a description of removal of the turbo from the car, the principal of operation, the adjustment of the wastegate and troubleshooting the wastegate.

Any questions or errors just shout.

cheers

noz cool.gif
steelcityuk
Hi Noz,

Nice work on the PDF.

Can this adjustment be done without removing the turbo, I appreciate that drilling out the eyelet can only be done off the car? How long would you say it takes to remove the turbo including removing all the other bits and pieces.

I'm currently trying to determine if my 2.5 is low on power, I think it must be because I find it very average to drive.

Thanks.

Steve.
noz
Hi Steve,

Both the adjustment and drilling out the eyelet can both be done with the turbo on the car, albeit its a bit fiddly. The actuator rod rotates and therefore the hole can be made to face downwards so that you can get a drill in to it.

Removing the turbo takes about 1 1/2 hours the first time. A lot depends on the time it takes to get the 4 nuts off the manifold studs. They're tight ! The rest is quite straightforward.

Please don't despair. The 2.5TD is truly wonderful when pulling properly. It is a real pleasure to drive. Don't give up. Work through the symptoms and suggested tests here on club-xm and we'll help you restore your pride and joy to its true glory.

Any questions, just ask. (please take your questions to the diesel section though rather than here in the self-help section)

Cheers

noz cool.gif
DerekW
Another excellent descriptive file from Noz. Do we know if this turbo and wastegate are common to the 2.5TD, the 2.1TD and the 2.0CT engines?

As far as the grease on the crankpin burning off is concerned, perhaps graphite grease or MoS2 (molybdenum disulphide) grease would last longer?

Derek
onthecut
Hi Noz.

Thanks for the excellent item. New toy is the first I've had with this issue -- so your piece has saved me hours of pratting about. Must have been lucky with the others !

Mike.
blue94auto
Hello Noz
Thanks for this brilliant guide it is always useful to know what's going on where we can't see.brilliantly done.
Gary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter