Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Repair To A Washer Reservoir

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pages: 1, 2
DerekW
Finally in response to Craig's comment, here hopefully is a 'photo of both reservoirs (supplied by XMexcl - grateful thanks):

user posted image

The front and rear screen tank is at the bottom of the piccy. The two holding bolts go through the small grommeted holes at the extreme bottom ends; the lug with a rubber sleeve that fits into a clip on the inner wing is on the left at the top; the filler pipe goes into the large rubber sealing ring at top left; the upper of the three holes at left is for the level switch; the remaining two holes are for the front and rear washer pumps.

Good luck, George, if you think you can work on that in situ!

The headlamp washer tank is the upper one and as you can see, is completely different.

Derek
jorgy9

Thanks again Derek, it's very good indeed to know what I may find.

Can I ask, btw, anyone knows if the XM uses the same exact type of pump for windscreen and headlight washing?

cheers
George
DerekW
Hi George,

Sorry it's taken so long to answer your last question.

No, the windscreen and rear window washers use pump number 6434 58 01, the headlamp washers use pump number 6431 59 01.

I suspect that the need to pressure-raise the jet assemblies from the bumper, plus the need to blast any crud from the headlamps without the assistance of wiper blades, means that the headlamp pump is running at much higher pressure.
Derek
jorgy9

Thanks for that info Derek.

I have little project for the windscreen jets so will be reporting when I've done it, hopefully by October.

cheers
G
Pages: 1, 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter