Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version 2 Litre Turbo, Soon To Be Crushed

Club XM Forum > Sadly it has to go...
minijet
Hi all,

I have a green 1995 xm 2litre turbo (in Leeds, West Yorks) that has to go to the scrapyard in the next few days. One of the front suspension struts pushed up through the bonnet. It's at the recovery yard at the moment, but it has to go pretty soon (direct to the crusher unfortunately), or they start charging me for storage. If anyone wants it and can shift it, it's yours (I don't want anything for it, I'd rather see it put to some use than be reduced to a three foot square box). All I'm taking off it is the rear tyres.

Paul,
Leeds.
Ken newbold
Very interested, any T&T on it?
minijet
Sorry, MOT ran out the day after the strut top gave up.
Was taxed but I'm cashing it in.
Ken newbold
Where abouts in Leeds is it?
minijet
It's at Naylors garage on Otley Old Road, Cookridge.
They said it would cost £60 to transport it to my home in Otley.

I forgot to mention:

It's an estate
manual box
bodywork - a few dents
has a tow bar

I thought the engine was great....pulled like a train (it's the only one I've had though so nothing to compare it to).
The engine can be started and car can moved but there is obiously very little ground clearance at the front.
Ken newbold
Which side has the strut gone through and how much tax was there left on it. I could pay you for that if I take the car on.
minijet
It was the right/drivers side strut.
it's taxed until January 31 2008.
Ken newbold
OK. I'll give you a definite answer tomorrow, but 99% sure I'll take it on. Just need to arrange transport.

But I will post answer by tomorrow at latest.

Thanks Ken.
minijet
Ok.
minijet
Ken
Sorry, I said it was an estate....It's not, it's a hatchback
mackay1
Hi Paul,

I've just sent you a PM on this one.

Roy
Ken newbold
Yup, I think we have a runner on this one.

If you'd like to PM me your number, I'll give you a ring so we can organize collection.

Thanks.

Ken
minijet
Ok Ken,

phone number sent

Paul.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter