Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Xm Glovebox Strut

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
mtxm
I thought it might be nice to have a working glovebox lid in at least one of my cars and made enquires at the local main dealer for the parts. It transpires that the series 1 hydraulic strut is no longer avaiable, although the series 2 is, which looks very similar. Does anyone know if they are interchangeable? The series 1 catch is still listed curiously enough, but I suspect may be quite difficult to install. Regards, Matthew T.
Andmcit
I was actually told by a dealer once the S1 strut is available ONLY
incorporated in the whole glove box assembly and is/was still available... huh.gif

Andrew
colinxm
The "head" on series 2 struts is wider than series 1's but should fit with a little careful bodgery wink.gif

ColinP
mtxm
Thank you Colin and Andrew for the advice and I might purchase a series two strut and hope for the best! The catalogue that I saw showed the series one strut incorporating upper and lower brackets, but the series two strut on its own, which might be the difference that Andrew was referring to. Regards, Matthew T.
xmexclusive
Hi Matthew

Have a spare Mk2 strut available.

Regards

XMexc
mtxm
Hi XMexc. I would be very pleased to acquire your spare glovebox strut if you could let me know what you would like for it, I could give you my address. My email is mt.eccarch@uwclub.net. With many thanks in anticipation, Matthew T.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter