Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Jacking Points

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pages: 1, 2
Peter.N.
Hi Ciaran

Re the waxoil, you can do but it needs to be mostly oil, as the Waxoil will tend to set and stop the oil creeping into the seams. Being protected from the water and road grit, the oil will sit inside the sills for quite a long time. You could use gear oil as its thicker, but you will have more difficulty getting it to go through and oil can and it will make your car smell of cats! Chain saw oil is also good as its sticky.

Peter.N.
Ciaran
Thanks Peter.

I'm going to have to do that one of these weekends.
Is it Ok to use used engine oil, or is it better if its new?

The S1 is due a change soon....

Cheers

Ciarán
Peter.N.
New is less smelly! unsure.gif

Peter.
Ciaran
I never thought of how it would smell know.... For all the price of a few litres of cheap diesel oil in ASDA or somewhere, I'll just use the new then smile.gif

Do you tend to put containers down to catch the stuff when it runs out, or just clean up afterwards? My drive is destroyed by the 2.1 and it's previous diesel leak anyway, so it doesn't matter too much...

Ciarán
Peter.N.
One of the great advantages of living out in the wilds is that you don't have to worry about things like that! But on a housing estate.... If its clean oil it wont make to much mess unless you have tarmac, in which case, yes, something to catch it would be a good idea. I can just go and park mine on the grass!

Peter.
bigjohnh
Just a tip, Aerosol motorcycle chain lube goes on thin and dries really sticky. I keep a can handy and squirt it indiscriminately in any bolt holes etc. as I find them when grovelling underneath or doing any work.

John
Pages: 1, 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter