Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Broadband Connection

Club XM Forum > Anything goes chat
demag
Bloody internet's up and down like a prostitute's drawers. Anyone else got probs?

I suspect it's the weather. It's slowly been getting worse all week mad.gif
techmanagain
Yes - and how! Been on to BT to see what they have to say. (PS No knowledge how often the other thing happens - my internet mail fails during the evening)
Ken newbold
Well, I'm pleased to report, that no problems at all. I 've been with Virgin media since we moved to this house and it's worked faultless since the day they switched it on.

Now you watch dry.gif
demag
We're with Virgin Ken. Was Blueyonder until a short while ago. Probably just coincidence but since Branson took over we've had trouble and now he wants to start charging for the (once free) support line dry.gif He should have stuck to selling records cool.gif
DrTim
I'm Telewest.Virgin too, are you SURE its all OK your end of the modem? I had to swap out the network cable to my main PC recently, been stepped on once too often and had been giving me a very frustrating internet experience for too long.

If you have a local router, can you ping that? Gateway? DNS servers? Tracert will help diagnose the issue once you've worked out whats failing/slow.

Or maybe you are suffering fron high contention ratio's for domestic broadband customers. Or spyware infection....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter