Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version V6 Badging On Series 2 Xms

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
carliterature
Hi

Following on from my slightly random question about tabac/beige interiored XMs, I've now got another regarding V6 badges, specifically on Series 2 XMs.

On the S2 models, the V6s only came in Exclusive trims (at least, in the UK). Earlier ones having the lovely 12v, later ones having the lovlier 24v. Now, as far as I was aware, the 24v ones only ever wore 'Exclusive' badges - nothing to denote engine size/type on any Exclusives for that matter.

However, I've seen a couple of early S2 V6s lately, which don't have Exclusive badges on but DO have, on the front wings, a V6 badge, in the same font style as the way V6 was presented on S1 cars. I assumed this was some aftermarket modification carried out by an owner, so never really questioned it but recently I came across what I think's an early S2 press picture. You can't clearly make out what it says on the front wing but the rear number plate says 'XM V6' - no mention of Exclusive...

So, questions
1) Does anyone have a definitive answer as to whether earlier S2 V6s carried 'V6' badges?
2) Do I need to get out more? sad.gif

I guess I already know the answer to Q2, so please keep to answering the first one...

Cheers

Keith
jorgy9
an S2 lhd PRV 24v:

jorgy9
an S2 lhd 12v PRV:

xmexclusive
Hi Keith & George

Citroen used different names for similar cars in different markets. They also recycled a number of the names between Mk1's and Mk2's in different markets. Looking through my small collection of sales brochures (guess who supplied some of them) I have spotted a couple of examples such as the 1993 Mk1 Exclusive and the Sept 1994 Mk2 Prestige. They also had a habit of using press photos that were not truly representitive of the production cars and every brochure has a small print disclaimer about this.

Regards

XMexc
Jan-hendrik
My 1995 XM V6 Exclusive had the V6 badge on the wings and on the rear just the cursive style XM badge.
My current 2000 XM has the EXCLUSIVE badge on the wings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter