Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Oil Change - How Much?

Club XM Forum > Petrol Specific Issues
archman1
Couple of questions here for the experts!

This weekend is oil and filter change on my 2.0l petrol turbo. Haynes says 4.5litres - is this correct?

The oil gauge never works, why? The light comes on, the needle moves a few millimetres and thats it.

Finally the oil dipstick keeps being pushed up out of its tube by about quarter of an inch which makes me suspect that it is overfilled. But since reading the dipstick gives two completely different measurements depending on which side you look at (you know what I mean)!

Any hints
Thanks
Steve

Assich
I would suggest that either like an oil level sender unit I had it needs cleaned either that or replaced. It sits at the back of the engine and if I remember correctly just pulls out. It may though also be pushed up like your dipstick.
wirdy
Oil level sender is normally very reliable so can't offer any advice on that apart from pulling one from a scrapper then next time you're passing a yard and fitting whilst you're doing your next oil change.

Oil - 4 litres with a new filter.

I had the popping dipstick problem on my Activa - put a slightly better bend in your dipstick and it will stop it popping up. if that doesn't work you have excessive crankcase pressure so give your breathers a good clean out. They do get neglected and clogged up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter