Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Hatch/estate Interior Compatible

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
xmxx
Would quite like a leather interior for my mk1 estate, if I could find one!
would one from a hatchback fit?
techmanagain
I don't deny that they might exist ,or have existed (on a V6 Exclusive estate) but I have never seen leather in any estate. Regrettably the hatchback ones will not fit - the rear seat is different. All other estates were VSX specification and there doesn't appear to have been a leather option.
Peter.N.
You may be able to fit the rear leather seats with the original cloth side bolsters, but the others wont fit as the estate car is wider.

Peter.N.
onthecut
Hi XMXX

They are out there. I've been looking for a while for a leather Mk2 diesel and have been frustrated to see no fewer than three petrol / leather estates for sale recently.

Mike.
onthecut
PS.

In fact there's a leather estate on Ebay at the moment.

Mike.
xmexclusive
Hi XMxx

There are a few XM Estates with leather. Nearly always black. In Mk2 estates's it is unusual as leather was only available to special order. Quite a number of Mk1 estates were leather but these as Techman says were mainly V6 estates and these have been regularly dissapearing to the scrap yard for the last 3 or 4 years.

Beware trying to fit XM car seats into an estate. Everything fits except the rear seat back(s) which are about 40mm narrower than the estate ones. The locking pins that the seat back locks onto are also 40mm wider in an estate. Side bolsters are also narrower to suit. Although the rear seat bases are interchangable between cars and estates those in car black leather are made as single piece seats and the estate version was made as split seat so making up mixed sets is not really viable.

Regards

XMexc
xmxx
Thanks chaps, I think ill look for one out of an estate.
2smv627
Hi, we had to fit hatchback leather into an estate car for a customer.
All we did for the rear backrest was to make up two new extended brackets, copying the the ones from the hatch, side pieces of the seat were fixed the same just wider.
Also we were told of a V6 SEi estate that a chap was breaking for the engine to be fitted in a Renault or kitcar, I`ll see if its still about.
xmexclusive
Hi 2smv627

Any photos of your rear seat back fixing mod. It is something that I suspect that a number of us have thought about but rejected because we could not be sure our welding would pass a MOT examiner.

Regards

XMexc
2smv627
Hi, sorry no picture we did it a good few years ago on a 20i with LPG.
If you pull away the covering around the existing bracket you will see its a very simple design and we simply made an extended version of this. Because all the metal work is covered welding the bracket on is fairly simple, nice clean metal.
I`ll see if I can find time and look into making one up.
Cheers, Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter