Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Engine Number

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Ciaran
Morning guys.

Embarrasingly stupid question time, but does anyone know where the engine number is on a 2.1TD?

I've had a good look around and can't find it. Perhaps its just covered in dirt and I can't see it, or maybe I'm just being blind?? rolleyes.gif

Any help appreciated as always.

Cheers.

Ciarán
xmexclusive
Hi Ciaran

Haynes says front of cylinder block but does not give a location diagram.
RTA shows an early 2.1 photo and says "Numero Moteur - Rivee sur le carter, sur la surface avant due moteur"
From the photo I think the number is on the front face at the top of the cylinder block just to the left of the central large diameter rubber pipe going into the front of the cylinder head cover.

Regards

XMexc
techmanagain
I think you will find it is not immediately visible as it is stamped into an unpainted flat surface behind where the injection pipes come out of the injection pump. As it is unpainted it will invariably be rusty and require quite a lot of cleaning with abrasive paper (emery paper) to make it legible.
techmanagain
I think you will find it is not immediately visible as it is stamped into an unpainted flat surface behind where the injection pipes come out of the injection pump. As it is unpainted it will invariably be rusty and require quite a lot of cleaning with abrasive paper (emery paper) to make it legible.
UFO
Try rubbing some chalk over the area. A trick I saw when getting our CX checked for rego.
Ciaran
Thanks a lot guys, thats helpful. I'll have a look in that spot this morning, and deploy the emery / chalk if necessary!

Cheers smile.gif

Ciarán (not taking any chances while ordering parts from the main stealer this time laugh.gif)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter