Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Splendid Car Ramps

Club XM Forum > Links
bigjohnh
I have just purchased a set of ramps, they are much longer and wider than normal and are therefore simple to put the car on, I can do it single handed after a bit of practice. I havent tried it but you could probably get an XM on them with flat suspension due to the long lead up.The ramps unbolt for storage or to give better access leaving the car on the very substantial platforms.

You can see my car on them at:

www.restorationramps.co.uk/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/ramps?opendocument&part=3

Mine were delivered in person by the manufacturer who is a true car enthusiast. He delivers in person when it is near to his base (Upminster in Essex) and demonstrates them.

I think that they arrive via a courier further afield but the instructions are very clear.

John
UFO
Great ramps, I wonder if they deliver to Aus. I suspect it is your car photographed at the bottom of the page?
Ciaran
They look great, John.

I've been after a set for quite a while. I looked at the £40 Halfords jobs, but I don't know if they'll cut it with an XM.
£245 is a lot, but they look very versatile and sturdy, and seem as if they'd last a lifetime if you looked after them, maybe a worthwhile investment!

Ciarán
steelcityuk
They had a test of car ramps in one of the motoring mags this month, I think it was practical classics.

Steve.
Peter.N.
Copied and pasted but doesn't work for me, what am I doing wrong?

Peter.N.
noz
Hi bigjohn,

They look the business. The slow ramp up and the adjustable height are both very useful features. Also the fact that they dismantle for storage for those with limited garage space. All in all they look great.

The only slight drawback I see is the possibility of the 4 tube legs sinking into the tarmac drive. If you've got tarmac and not something solid like slabs or concrete then I'd think a couple of pieces of angle welded to the tubes in pairs should spread the load just fine. Although it wouldn't sink through a monobloc drive they would probably badly mark the blocks.

Peter,
when you paste, check the pasted line to make sure it is identical to the original particularly leading and trailing spaces (ie there should be none)

cheers

noz cool.gif
mackay1
Nice one John,

What about their other product - wow:

12ft restoration system

I could use one of those too!

I quite fancy the garages some of his customers have - aircraft hanger style.

Thanks for the link - it's a really interesting site.

Roy
bigjohnh
Hi Noz,

Yes I see what you mean although my block drive escaped unscathed. The maker suggests a sheet of plywood for uneven surfaces but I bet he would weld on a square of steel to each leg if asked which would do the trick. This would need to be done at manufacture stage as the powder coating is well worth the extra 30 quid. I reckon it would have taken 2 days to paint properly and probably cost 20 - 30 pounds in materials to do a good job.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter