Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Brake Pedal Linkage.

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
combwork
Hi,

I'm overhauling the brakes on my V6 series 2 Estate. A while back I read that RHD XM's had brake pedal linkage that was prone to stiffness due to where it was located. After removing the top panel behind the bonnet hinges to give access, it looks different than described in a previous post. All I can see is a plastic cap with a link to a horizontal `Master' cylinder. The cap is presumably some kind of dust shield. The system was still pressurised when I was checking it so there was not much movement on the brake pedal but what little there was showed everything seeming to work freely. With the brake pedel released this `cap' had a fair amount of shake to it; nothing binding. Should I leave well enough alone or dig deeper?
xmexclusive
Hi Combwork

I know that this is something that Noz found on at least one of his cars but I have not come across it in any of the couple of dozen XM's that have passed through my hands. It sounds as though yours is fine.

Regards

XMexc
wirdy
Following inspection, both mine were dry but fine. I rubbed some grease into the joints anyway though (just to be on the safe side).

I think its pot luck if they seize up........and I broke the same trim tab on both the winglet trims.
jorgy9
about the winglet trims...just follow the opposite way that Haynes describes and, if u r bit carefull, you'll make it safe every time. They only time I broke a tab was the first time I tried, following Haynes! You first have to de-anchor the top tabs *then* the bottom ones.

regards
George
wirdy
QUOTE (jorgy9 @ May 1 2007, 01:10 AM)
about the winglet trims...just follow the opposite way that Haynes describes and, if u r bit carefull, you'll make it safe every time. They only time I broke a tab was the first time I tried, following Haynes! You first have to de-anchor the top tabs *then* the bottom ones.

regards
George

NOW YOU TELL ME GEORGE!! tongue.gif smile.gif

/ Haynes!!! *%**!!$&!!**""!!**%$%
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter