Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Was It You? Again

Club XM Forum > Anything goes chat
demag
White Xm driving through Wednesbury yesterday. My son saw it. He said it had seen better days.
Peter.N.
Was'nt me, I dont have a white one - yet.

Peter.N.
demag
Give it time Peter, give it time laugh.gif laugh.gif
onthecut
Hi all.

Hang on Peter --- you may have started a whole new thread here ----- 'it wasn't me' !!
Ok then --- I wasn't on the A500 at Stoke yesterday. This could be a real biggie !!!

Mike.
Peter.N.
wink.gif
UFO
Certainly wasn't me! Unless of course you took a very long detour via Wollongong. (that's wool long gong)
DrTim
Red L Reg XM on Temple Way underpass in Bristol about 5.40pm today. I resisted the temptation to honk and your lane (if you are indeed reading this) was moving quicker than mine so I couldn;t wave. :-)
Robin
Three XM's on Saturday morning around St Ives, Cambs. A dusty maroon one, a sparkling green estate and mine. All in the space of five minutes and within three miles.
Was it you?
Robin
mackay1
Hi Robin,

I drove up from Kent via the M11 / A1 on Saturday in a very dusty maroon P reg with a dent in the o/s/f wing and only 3 alloys (recent insane purchase).

Would have been early afternoon when I passed your way. Left Ashford 11:30 - arrived home 18:45 (410 miles).

Roy
Robin
Roy, that would make it four then! How the devil are you keeping? You obviously got back OK. What is it about XM's and insanity biggrin.gif
These were on the more minor roads near St Ives and not the A1.
I wonder just how many XM's there are left on the road now dry.gif
Robin
mackay1
Hi Robin,

I'm well thanks - and you? Insanity - there's a really funny story about this car - but that's for another time. I'll just say it's done 264k miles and drives as sweet as a nut. The last owner couldn't park it though and put a dent in the front wing and a dimple above the tail light and fitted the wrong size tyres. There's a problem with it riding high at the back too. It's had plenty of TLC before that though with new spheres, strut tops, steering rack and rads - but why I'm it's new owner remains a complete mystery - even to me!

It did get me back as you say - without a single problem and turned in a respectable 44.0 mpg at an average speed of 64mph - so it must have something going for it.

XM's are clearly as common as the Mondeo around your way!

All the best

Roy
bobtee
cool.gif Mine drives me to Luton every morning monday to friday from junc 15 m1 northampton where terrys lighthouse is, about 7am and returns me at 4.30 to 5.30 and its a lovely white colour (bit dirty though) so if you see me no abuse about the colour please, you may alert me to your prescence by hooting or flashing (only lights please) i have heard some strange stories about old men in xms.
Best wishes Bob blink.gif
Robin
Roy, Bob, owning an XM must have a name an ology or a psychosis. What is the collective name for XM's?
A flat sphere for the best answer tongue.gif

My XM just keeps going bless it but the ride is back into hard again. Roy the fix worked for a while but I think a sensor is now getting bored or jealous and wants some attention. I guess it's time to get the ECU read just incase it gives me a clue about which sensor to look for.
I have been considering putting a kit together that replaces the ECU temporarily and puts a voltage full time onto the electrovalves just to prove the hydraulics before pulling the electrics apart. The electrovalves appear to need 10volts plus to activate them but only want 3 volts or so to hold them open so I have a small delay unit to offer battery voltage for 30 secs and then switch them into series with a resistor to drop it to 3 or so volts.
Then switch this on and off with the sport normal switch. If this proves all to be OK then you know it is an electrical fault with a sensor somewhere or a broken, poor or corroded connection.
Could this be another magic box from the Roy workshop?

Happy motoring folks, Robin.

P.S. I do have a pile of used spheres that have come from the XM and a pre facelift Xantia if anyone wants to drop by and collect them. I have mostly replaced them with new in the past.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter