Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Climate Control Panel

Club XM Forum > Wanted!
XM v6 sadist
Hi

I'm looking for a climate control panel (digital type). I think that these are the same for a series 1 or 2. Although since my car is a series 2 I guess that this would be preferrable.

Thanks

Tony
mackay1
Hi Tony,

You may already know this - but if your problem is the panel cutting in and out (complete loss of power) you may find the cause is the aux fuse box behind the n/s/f headlight.

I've had this on 2 Mk2's now - and the 30/40A? fuse remained OK - but when I removed the fusebox and opened it up I found it was really badly designed. When fuses are taken in and out the contacts can get pushed back and have no spring in them. They then start to arc and burn leading to the failure of the aircon/climate control panel. With the fusebox apart it's a straightforward job to clean them up and bend them back into a good contact position - restoring normal function.

Roy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2026 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter