Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Cd Changer

Club XM Forum > Wanted!
Andrej
Hello

Few days ago I become a new owner of XM 2.5 TD EXCLUSIVE. I just want to ask if somebody know where I can find a CD changer for this car. Used or new.
Thanks
Craigdp
hard to get for new try citroen maybe one from a different car might work or after market cd changer lots will work with normal unit but the leads are expensive to make it all work and I dont think you can use more than a 6 cd changer
archman1
I did consider this seriously, but it is far cheaper and totally no hassle to buy an ipod (or clone) and a radio transmitter (they are now legal). For £50 you can get a 2GB or even 4GB mp3 player. Get it all from ebay.

Cheers
Steve
bigjohnh
Hi,

On the same note I plug my MP3 player in to the cassette via one of those dummy cassettes with a flying lead. It works fine and you can put the MP3 player under the radio cassette in that little cubby hole so it is out of the way.

John
mackay1
Hi,

They come up regularly on eBay - though not always with the lead (expensive). The listing below has one. Beware though - the end that plugs into the radio varies depending on model so the one shown may not work (haven't got details to hand but a search on here should give you more information). At worst there are adapter plugs readily available.

Here's a current eBay listing - there are others too:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Freelander-CD-CHANGE...emZ170097875862

It's a simple plug-in installation (with the right lead). The changer draws power and signal from the radio and your L/H Dot Matrix, Radio Display and steering wheel controls all adapt to reflect the addition of the changer. Quite a satisfying upgrade.

I hope this helps.

Roy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter