Peter.N.
April 02, 2007 10:35 pm
I wonder if any of you folks out there with shedloads of gear have any of the following for a Mk2 estate:
Front passenger door, preferably red.
Remote key fob with matching reciever (radio)
Spare wheel carrier.
Thanks.
Peter.N.
xmexclusive
April 05, 2007 07:03 pm
Hi Peter
Car and estate rear wheel carriers have minor differences. Part of the catch mechanism I think from memory. I have examples of both in the heap somewhere. I go for Mk1 replacements as they seem to last much better than Mk2 ones. I suspect I could do something about a plip set (either original or compatible) if no one else offers. I had a look at the silver door, nothing much shows but I think the lock may be covering some metal damage.
Regards
XMexc
Peter.N.
April 05, 2007 10:15 pm
Hi XMexc
We seem to have two strings going! The catch mechanism is still on the car, if I can free it up, or at least the screw is, dont know about the wire clip. Is the actual frame the same? because I think that is all I need.
I have had an offer of a plip and reciever but will keep you in mind just in case, thanks.
Is the door the estate type?
Thanks
Peter.N.
xmexclusive
April 06, 2007 01:44 pm
Hi Peter
Will check the carriers, perhaps later today. I recall that the carrier frame on an estate has a extra bar welded to it. Door is estate, will check it for damage.
Regards
John
Peter.N.
April 06, 2007 01:52 pm
Hi John
Thanks for that. The sheet metal on the one in my green car has practically rotted away, but the frame is quite adequatly holding the wheel, on the red one its missing altogether.
Do you also have a clock/outside temperature gauge, the one without the computer facility (different plug)?
Thanks
Peter.
xmexclusive
April 06, 2007 05:05 pm
Hi Peter
I guess so, they just go into a dash display box for sorting/testing/repairing later. A next winters project.
John
Peter.N.
April 06, 2007 06:54 pm
Hi John
Another request, do you have a working instrument panel? (see my post under fuel gauge). I think it will probably be worth my while to do a trip to Winchester!
Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please
click here .