Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Engine Out For Clutch Change In Turbo Cx?

Club XM Forum > Petrol Specific Issues
DrTim
I've seen somewhere that some models require engine out to change the clutch, can't remember, is this diesel specific or does it apply to some petrol Turbos (its the S2 Turbo CX I'm interested in)?

My neighbour just told me that Mondeo's have this "feature" apparently.
citroenxm
DrTim

Dont Panic, I think its the V6 models and the 2.5td cars that need engine out job!

I'm sure its possible on 2.0i to do in situ..

Regards
citroenxm
jorgy9
But is it an XM he speaks about?

BTW, my 12v V6 with aircon has been done in situ without difficulty -it's left-hand drive though-.

George
Ciaran
With the Mondeos the engine doesn't quite need to come out, but you do have to drop the front subframe slightly, which adds a few hours...
Peter.N.
I did the clutch on my last CX (DTR turbo) when I took the engine out in an attempt to cure the head gasket problem. It had done about 180k and the clutch lining wasn't badly worn, but the fingers had almost worn through! The DTR was notoriously high geared in 1st, so you had to slip the clutch like mad to get away on a steep hill! so that says something for the clutch. Cant help with the 'remove engine or not' quandry, as I only did mine because the engine was out, and someone 'borrowed' my CX manual. I hope its the easiest option.

Peter.N.
DrTim
I only mentioned the Mondeo because some people think I'm mad to get another XM or keep my existing one! I have decided though, I'm sticking with XM for now, just won't be getting a 3 litre or 2.5 TD I guess, because I do prefer a manual.

citroenxm
DrTim

2.5td's are manual ONLY, as the engine is too bog to fit an autobox next to it.

Most if not ALL Series one V6's are auto and all Series 2 V6's are auto only..

If you find a V6 MANUAL shout.. The manual gearboxes are sought after..!!!

Regards
citroenxm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter