Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Not Xm But Cx

Club XM Forum > Available!
onthecut
Hi all.

I know this isn't strictly relevant to the forum, but I do detect a fair degree of interest in the CX on here, so, for anyone interested ----

BCA Peterborough, 16th Mar. 1988 CX 2.2TRS, Saloon, Silver, 98k miles.

A pretty rare sight round the saleroom, now.

There's still a CAP (Glass' guide type job) figure on this, for your amusement. Retail £225, Trade Above Average Cod. £30, Average £10, Below Average £0 !

Mike.
Andmcit
That's just rude! mad.gif

Andrew
citroenxm
Arent they rude about all big citroens!!

And some meadium ones too?!!

Rgds
citroenxm
mackay1
Mike,

Are you sure the guide isn't C*AP?

Just for a laugh - how do they value an XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch Feb '96 (N) - then I'll know for sure.

On the other hand we could just wait and see what the CX fetches at auction.

Thanks

Roy
onthecut
Hi Roy.

I don't subscribe to the guide --- just get the figures off the auction site, so we'll have to wait until one comes around. It's always amused me if I've been at the sales, watching them scurrying around consulting the guides, when in one part of the country a certain make will do well, while elsewhere they can't shift them at any price. For anything 'quirky' there's no substitute for real knowledge.

Mike.
Peter.N.
You've seen an XM in an auction? ohmy.gif

Peter.N.
onthecut
Hi Peter.

Seen 'em, bought 'em, cursed 'em etc. etc. etc. They are one of those cars where a silence descends when the bidding should start, as the auctioneer struggles to find someone to put their toe in the water !

Mike.
Peter.N.
Hi Mike

Do they have any Mk2 manual 2.1 td estates?

Peter.N.
onthecut
Hi Peter.

Very occasionally. I've listed on the forum all those I've seen listed the last few months..

Mike.
demag
I did love my CX. It was one of the early 2 litres. N reg '75 I think. Went like the wind apart from a stuffed gearbox (clutch?) And of course it had the naff heater but I got used to that. It had had a very rough life when I bought it. The spheres were all solid, the passenger front door was the wrong colour and the trim was tatty.

I rebuilt the suspension gave it a respray, service etc etc. Started to do the trim and then some prat ran into the back of me on the Shrewsbury bypass and wrote it off. By then it was looking quite pretty as well. It was that beautiful metallic blue similar to this forum page. I bought my first DS with the payout, now that was a car.......... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter