Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Front Passenger Electric Window Switches S2

Club XM Forum > Wanted!
XM v6 sadist
Hi

The front passenger electric window switches in my S2 seem to be giving me trouble. The window has stopped working although not the usual cable grinding itself to hell problem. The switches started working intermittently and have now stopped. I think that there is a problem with the switches so does someone have the drivers and passenger door switches for the passenger window off a S2.

Cheers

Tony
xmexclusive
Hi XmV6Sadist

The passenger window switches are the same as the rear window ones so you could try swapping for a known good one and test out the front ones. At least then you can be sure the switches need replacing.

Regards

XMexc
XM v6 sadist
Hi

Thanks for the suggestion but I think that they are different on my car. The rear ones didn't seem to fit the front ones, but I'll have another thorough look.

Cheers

Tony
citroenxm
Hi All

If anyone can tell us if S1 Switches are the same then I have a BAG full of switches, unfortunally most do not have working illumination, but DO work...

If they are the same then I'll have 3 available

Regards
citroenxm
XM v6 sadist
Hi Citroen Xm

Thanks for the message. I've no idea myself as to whether they are compatible series 1 and 2.

Cheers

Tony
citroenxm
Tony,

Someone will, I'm sure xmexec should know, he knows his S2 cars like I know about S1 cars ..

Lets see what comes up.

Rgds
citroenxm
xmexclusive
Hi Citroen xm & Tony

The Mk1 and Mk2 ( up to 75xx ) window switches are the same. I put the org limit in simply because that is the newest XM that I have ever got let loose on. On the bottom of the range cars (SX & Mk1 equivalent) even the drivers window has the simple switch that is fitted to all the other doors. In the other models the drivers window has a one touch switch with the two extra buttons. It is not possible to interchange a one touch with a standard switch. I will look up the wiring to suggest how to test out for a faulty switch.

Regards

XMexc
xmexclusive
Hi Tony

I have just checked and found that there is a difference between the front and the rear switches. They are mechanically and electrically interchangable but the rear ones have no illumination bulbs.
If you want to test the passenger window winder then take out and unplug the passenger door switch. On the brown 5 pin plug that the switch fitted into pin 1 & pin 5 connect directly to the winder motor. If you make up a 12 volt twin wire wander lead (preferably fused) with spade connectors one end and battery clips the other then you can push one spade into pin 1 and touch pin 5 with the other. You should hear the window motor either run or try to run. If it moves touch pin 5 until the window completes its travel. Move the spade from pin 1 to pin 5 and then touch the other spade on pin 1. The window motor should now run to the other end of its travel.

Regards

XMexc
Peter.N.
You could try squirting them with WD40 Tony, or if you feel really adventurous, take them to bits and clean the contacts.

Peter.N.
citroenxm
Xmexec.

Another point for S1 cars, or at least V6...

Rear window switches ARE illuminated, as with ALL other buttons around the cars, including the seat switches... Ooo I do love these S 1.5 cars

Regards
citroenxm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2026 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter