Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version C5, C6, Gasp !

Club XM Forum > Anything goes chat
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jan-hendrik
Last week they suddenly have 3, yes 3, of them for sale, outside, parked on the grass (!) , the last bit of free ground they could find. They are all 2nd hand. I'm so pitty of them I wish I had the 29k the cheapest is for. God knows what exactly was the path they followed. Where they really ever sold?

Repossessed perhaps? tongue.gif
jorgy9
QUOTE (Jan-hendrik @ Jun 14 2007, 10:01 AM)
Last week they suddenly have 3, yes 3, of them for sale, outside, parked on the grass (!) , the last bit of free ground they could find. They are all 2nd hand. I'm so pitty of them I wish I had the 29k the cheapest is for. God knows what exactly was the path they followed. Where they really ever sold?

Hehe... BTW, 2 of them are now suddenly gone! Only a blue £34,000 remains!

G
Ciaran
QUOTE (onthecut @ Jun 14 2007, 07:14 AM)
Hi all.

Surely one of the biggest 'look what we've got new' cons is the turning headlamps ?
What --- barely 30 odd years after the DS ?

Mike.

Don't be so silly Mike, everyone knows those lights were invented by those gods of innovation, Mercedes, about five years ago.... theres just no way a primitive Shitron had them decades ago...

laugh.gif
David Hallworth
QUOTE (jorgy9 @ Jun 16 2007, 15:16 PM)
QUOTE (Jan-hendrik @ Jun 14 2007, 10:01 AM)

Hehe... BTW, 2 of them are now suddenly gone! Only a blue £34,000 remains!

G

There was a mega weekend last weekend where there were huge discounts on every car they put out of the door.

I got an invitation which is what made me go and have a look on Thursday.

David.
Peter.N.
I actually saw one on the road yesterday, I honestly thought it was a CX at first.

Peter.N.
Ciaran
I've yet to see one on the road here. I await it with anticipation...
quentin
At the risk of trying to resuscitate a moribund topic, I have just returned from France (Dordogne area and near Millau - if you like vultures and bridges, go there) where I saw precisely one C6 (green, in a thunderstorm). Rarity does not alter my liking for it though. On the other hand, every other person in the northern Dordogne drives a series 1 XM (not series 2 - hmmm) in varying condition from nice to ropey. I saw some series 2s in Provence on my way home, though.

I was overtaken by a C6 heading south on the M1 last Sunday, and I must say it looked superb, with the traditional stable Citroen high-speed gait. That was just before I was under-taken, overtaken and generally scared silly by a quintet of tarted-up Audis, tailgating one another at (I estimate) 95 - 115 mph.

My local dealers don't try to sell C6s either. But then they don't really try to sell anything - nothing like high-profile local appearances, involvement in local activities, posters, even driving the things round town looking smart. It's all apparently on a "you come to us and we might sell you something" basis.

Yes folks, it's yesterday once more: for C6 read XM. I wonder if there'll be a C6 forum in a few years for afficionados? Or will they never sell that many?
onthecut
Hi Quentin.

Had occasion to visit local dealer the other day; thermostat gasket, which neither they nor anyone else in the W.Mids had.

Anyway, guess what they hadn't got one of, anywhere ---- . I'm still utterly baffled by this approach. Why make a RHD version if you don't want to sell it ? Not only had they not got a physical example, but I couldn't see any immediately obvious bumf about it either.

They've sold so few (apparently) that they really could have a buy back policy to keep residuals up, which might just kick start a different perception of the marque. Instead, I keep seeing them listed at auction,; clearly low miler, ex demo that the dealers just aren't shifting.

For goodness sake, Citroen -- wake up ! BMW manage to sell their incredibly ugly 7 Series; Morgan manage to sell cars designed 100 years ago; Vauxhall --- back from the dead in the 70s. They all sell -- it can be done !!

I know this is a rehash of many previous posts, but I just can't get my head round this C6 situation --- or should that be a Cituation ??

Mike.
techmanagain
Strangely enough Citroen sell the replacement thermostats but don't put in the gasket. So what does one do? Can't do without the car for a day, so out with the liquid gasket and get a perfect seal. Has no one in Citroen - or QH either - heard of "added value", and put the gasket in. It keeps the punter happy, increases the selling price minimally, but makes more profit by meeting a customer demand. There is another solution - drummed into me when I was a lowly storeman in a Ford parts store - "Sell related items". When a customer asks for a thermostat, order him a gasket as well. He will thank you, and come back again.
onthecut
Hi Techmanagain.

I'm sort of glad you said Citroen don't put a gasket in with the stat. I bought a QH stat (gasketless) and assumed somebody had half inched the gasket, given that their stats do normally come with a gasket.
I wound up getting out the Blue Peter scissors and the gasket paper in the end. I still believe this 'just in time' game has wrecked quality service in parts departments. Having worked for many years with Vauxhall parts, I've seen it go from dealerships carrying reasonable working stock that reflected local trade, to centrally controlled, 'one size fits all' stores you could fit in a broom cupboard.

Mike.
Gav
my stat came from a different source again and also with no gasket. the paper / scissor trick works well though. who is it that decides to sell a product like a stat who genuinely beliefs the original gasket will be re-usable? fools for a couple of pence.

finding a stockist of gasket paper was a laugh though. when i did find someone with it he gave the lot because he hadn't sold any in about 20 years!

techmanagain
When, or if, you do get a genuine gasket you will find it is not totally compressable but has a raised portion in the middle of the gasket material whiich , once compressed, does not act as a cetain seal. Seems to a simple mind like mine that this is a very good reason for supplying a gasket with thermostat in the first place.
xmexclusive
Hi All

I assumed I would need to do the thermostats on the 2.5's at sometime so a couple of years ago I added 3 of each stat gasket to one of my odds and ends order at my regular dealer. They came within a few days and I do not recall them as particularly expensive. Whats the chance of finding them when I need them.

Regards

XMexc
Peter.N.
I still have a sheet of thin cork that I must have bought 30 or more years ago, and although it has holes with the outline of gaskets all over it, there is always still just enough to make another one! A good substitute if you cant get a gasket, is to run a bead of silicon sealer, ordinary bathroom stuff will do, round one face and allow it to set overnight - will seal anything!

Peter.N.
Pages: 1, 2, 3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter