Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Exhaust Blow

Club XM Forum > Late 3.0L V6 24V and 2.5TD models
demag
I've got a blow on the exhaust but can't find much info on GSF for the 2.5
Is it the same exhaust as the 2.1?
Or does anyone know a supplier?
techmanagain
There are some quality replacements on the market. The demand is small so the sources are meagre. Citroen supply the best silencers, IMHO, but their price is high. Their rear silencer is about £197, whereas a non-genuine one can be had for under £90 if I recall correctly. Any good indie garage would know where to go to get a replacement.
onthecut
Hi. Demag.

I would have thought you shouldn't sweat too much at any decent exhaust place. The TI numbers (which they will either use or be able to cross ref) are -- Front Pipe and Box PG558C; Next Silencer PG555G; Over the axle pipe & box CN426P; Back Box CN418C (Hatch) CN410M (Estate).
If it's got a cat, then they only list from the silencer after the cat.
The rear two boxes are the same as a 2.1, BUT ONLY IF THE 2.1 HAS A CAT.

Mike.
Bigmixer
I researched this some time ago and found that Bosal were the only after-market suppliers who had an exhaust for the 2.5 which was physically the same as the OE. Even at that the flexible front bit was of a lighter material than original and caused slight but noticable resonance around 2K revs. In my opinion the 2.1 and 2.5 exhaust are not the same, tho they may be interchangable. A check of Citroen part nos. might shed some light?
Bigmixer
onthecut
Hi. Bigmixer.

You're quite right --- the original Citroen numbers are different. I guess the exhaust people have done what they can to rationalise the bits.

Mike.
demag
Wow! (why did I say that I hate that stupid word!)

Prices are all over the place. Best is £285 fully fitted. Worst was £300 over the counter and fit it yerself mate! ohmy.gif

Its booked in for wednesday but he's having a quick look tomorrow afternoon just in case it doesn't need the whole system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter