Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Flushing Coolant From A V6

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Guest_Jim
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me where the drain plugs are on a V6 cooling system? I think I've found one (just above the oil filter) but are there others? And do they all need to come out if I'm washing the system through with cold water for half an hour? After an engine swop, all that's in there just now is plain water and Bars flushing compound.

Many Thanks,

Jim.
noz
Jim,

The manual's no too clear. It shows one at the bottom of the radiator and two on the engine block. The two on the engine block are shown fore and oft of the engine dead in the middle. This is looking on plan view. I cant tell where they are in elevation.

If you open all the drains you can find and attach a garden hose at full pressure I think you're sure to flush out all there is to flush.

I can't remember, have you registered? Or have you just lost your cookie? (easly done)

Sorry I can't be more help.

Cheers

Noz cool.gif
combwork
Hi Noz,

Thanks for your help; I'll open every drain I can find and flush it through with a hose. It would be nice to reverse flush it, especially the heater matrix but enough is enough, I don't want to push my luck. I'm driving down to Gatwick on Wednesday and with all the seals still working (it's incredible how much pressure the system builds up while Bars is doing its stuff) I'd like to keep it that way............. Next project? Get the money together to get the bodywork done properly. There are a couple of small dents; just the normal marks of 10 years of not always careful parking.
I am registered, just sometimes I skip the registration sequence.

Have a good Weekend,

Jim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter