Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version 2.5 Aux Belt

Club XM Forum > Late 3.0L V6 24V and 2.5TD models
splez4
my 2.5 belt has slipped across a couple of notches and let loose a bit of itself and put a nice hole in the bonnet liner , and a few grooves in the timing belt covers. when i checked what could be causing the problem i found that the intermediate pulley is out of line, its the one above the tensioner pully (with aircon) the bearing is ok, its just tilted upover causing the belt to run innover?? does anyone know how its bolted on ,i know its fixed with an allen bolt but what is it fixed to??is it fixed to a metal bracket that could have been bent? or somthing more expensive,,,,terry sad.gif
Little&Large
Hi Terry
I can't be of too much help-but I had problems with my auxiliary belt.My tensioner was missing entirely!The belt loops over the crank pulley up over the a pulley which is attached to the spring tensioner,off round the a/con compressor up over the alternator before going down around another pulley(very little clearance here and back to the crank pulley.It is difficult to describe.I have very little DIY skills but my garage showed me how to access the pulleys as you can't see much from the top.Jack the car up(you don't even have to take the wheel off)remove a 8" long bar and then remove(fold back the plastic inner wheel arch)all is then revealed.I think the pulley you are talking about is attached to a small backplate and the spring tensioner(my adjuster is broken)is adjustable.This is then attached to the engine block(I think).My belt is slightly out of true by about 2mm and I have a stable(ie not getting worse score mark around the inside of my belt).The garage tried several times to see what was out of line without success,but finally think it is this pulley,as the wear has stabilised I have left it alone,but I accidentally dumped the clutch and it popped the belt off!!!
Please get a second opinion,but you should be able to sort it.The real expense is if the belt snaps and pieces get inside the engine!!
Noz will tell you where to get the pulley from.
Hope this helps in some way!!?
Any good with diesel cold starting problems as I have reached a dead end with mine...and the mornings are getting colder!!!
Regards Rob
splez4
2.5 aux belt, ill have a look this weekend, my wheelarch liners are allready out, so i can get a clear view but cant see how the pully is mounted?? the belt is flapping about at about 1000/1100 rpm and makes the most horrible noise, but fine at higher rpm??. as regards to cold starting, mine is getting a little lazy as well, it now takes about two or three seconds to fire rather than as soon as i hit the starter, with the accomanying grey smoke , its usualy one or more heater plugs going off, i had the same problem on my opal engined CF bedford, if a heater plug was off the heater warning light used to flash but sometimes the plugs are still in circuit but only getting slightly red when tested instead of a bright orange red, they need to be all working perfectly , or it will not start instantly, also check the engine earth to battery connections, as they can cause high resistance if corroded, and the engine can seem to turn over quite fast but it slowes down just at compression and will not ignite the fuel,(something called angular momentom)or something like that,, hope this helps, Ps if you replace any glow plugs do them all not just the one that is dodgy.......terry smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter