Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Rear Brake Disks

Club XM Forum > Available!
noz
Hi all,

I've got two brake disks for sale. They measure 10.7 and 11.0 mm thickness respectively. The new thickness is 12mm according to the manual and the minimum thickness allowed is 9mm. Having said that most XM's are probably running about with a lot less than the minimum. I'm inclined to disbelieve the manual in this case because the disk at 11mm thick hasn't even the faintest glimmer of a lip around the edge which suggests its very close to being its original thickness.

In any case both disks are in very good condition and have lots of life left in them.

I'd like £10 for the pair but am open to offers.

Cheers

noz cool.gif
citroenxm
Noz

You dont happen to have a FRONT vented pair. Second hand even, the blue V6 I have on ebay has a VERY bad judder, infact if you hold the pedal lightly you can feel the profile of warped discs. I want to change them before auction end!

Dont mind 2nd hand ones as long as they give a smooth pedal operation...

Cheers

citroenxm
noz
I do as it happens. Just taken a pair off mine to fit a new pair. PM me and we'll see what we can do.

cheers

noz cool.gif
techmanagain

Don't ignore the fact that there are two different sizes of caliper,disc and pad.
The first,(smaller) ones were on the early models only. That's why some are so cheap on ebay!
noz
Hi techman,

The rear disks are 251mm diameter which I believe makes them the later ones however, I can't confirm that for sure. I thought the early ones were 224mm diameter. Do you know what diameters relate to what ORGA numbers?

The front vented ones are 283mm diameter which makes them for ORGA 2229 and later.

cheers

noz cool.gif
lez
QUOTE (techmanagain @ Jul 26 2006, 20:55 PM)
Don't ignore the fact that there are two different sizes of caliper,disc and pad.
The first,(smaller) ones were on the early models only.  That's why some are so cheap on ebay!

I just fitted smaller ones to my S2, the size difference is really minimal but I have a S2 that seems to use S1 pads/calipers.

(Ie s1 caliper bent handbrake cable arm, S2 square arms)

Its also possible my s1 disks are slightly larger than original citroen s1's as they are vented and grooved boy racer style

Problem is they are smaller than s2 so the pad overhangs a mm or 2, so I wont be getting a ridge at the edge, I'l get the ridge on the pad.

I think what I need is a set of s1 caliper mountings to fix my 2mm of error.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter