Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Hello Fellow Citroenians

Club XM Forum > Introductions
crompo(dave)
I have a strong interest in Citroen in conjunction with 'she who must be obeyed'. We belong to the Taranaki Citroen Car Club in New Zealand and participate in as many events and club outings as time allows.
At a recent National Citroen Rally held in Rotorua, we bought a manual 1989 XM 2.0i. It joins 2 # L15s, B15, GS, ID19, BX19GTi, and a 2CV6 Dolly.
For comfort the XM is absolutely wonderful, a pure delight to drive and ride in. We decided on a 2 litre due to ever increasing fuel costs and haven't been disappointed. Our first decent run returned a fraction over 37mpg. Around town it's a bit of a hog. Pleasing to find the XM is no slouch when the roads are clear and cops are hopefully home.
We have experienced a few problems though: First, heater fan inopperative, was resolved by reading your forum, thankyou - terminals at heater were at fault. The variable switch is still at fault, either full on or off. I have yet to take it out.
Another fault has surfaced, juddering when clutch is released, disappears when engine warm - have yet to ascertain whether clutch lining at fault or engine mountings worn.
There is also a leak in the boot (water). Body is totally rust free so I think the water is seeping in through the tail light fixture mountings. Mind you with the amount of rain we've experienced over the last month and the intensity, anything would leak.
Look forward to sharing information, experiences and ideas with you in the future.
Regards Dave
kiwi
Hi Dave,

Welcome! I'm in the Manawatu, and have two XMs as per my signature. Sadly my 2.1TD is caught in a bit of a dispute between two repair agencies (each blaming the other for a problem) so I have been without it for some weeks, but I hope to have it back shortly. Isn't there some great stuff on this forum? I'm amazed at the level of knowledge and help available for us XM owners.

My heater did the all or nothing thing also, but the problem was the transistors in the control module.

Regards,
Kiwi
crompo(dave)
Morning Kiwi,
Good to have a bit of support close to home.
Reading through the forum there would appear to be a few electrical problems with the XM. And perhaps more niggedly than of a serious nature.
Last night the wipers wouldn't start immediately, then a half motion and stopped, then restarted. A short time later when driving down the road, there was a sound (I assume to be a relay under the glovebox area) clicking and chattering. accompanied by a start, stop of wipers again. Looks like upside down, crammed into the floorwell for me this weekend.
Thanks for the reply.
Dave
Hi fellow Kiwis,

Good to hear from other Aotearoa based XM'ers.

First Citroen I have ever owned is an '89 XM V6 manual that is also my daily commuter as my F**d is being unreliable!

Apart from wee gremlins creeping in (a.k.a electrical issue of the week) it treats Aucklands ongoing traffic dramas with a quiet 'whatever'.

Kudos really with 150,000 + (miles) under its belt.

Cheers from the JAFA!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter