Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email


  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 2.1 TD Engine
lockstock
Posted: August 17, 2010 12:28 am


New Member


Group: Members
Posts: 1
Member No.: 1604
Joined: August 17, 2010




Hello chaps. This is my first post.
I'm not an XM owner!
But I did own an AX GT about 7 years ago so thats got to be good for something!

I'm after a 2.1 TD engine, I'm going to attempt to fit it in my 205 diesel.
Lower milage the better! Will also need a mechanical bosch pump to accompany it.

Thanks cool.gif

PMEmail Poster
Top
Zaphod
Posted: January 13, 2011 10:21 am


Super Member
****

Group: Members
Posts: 369
Member No.: 368
Joined: May 08, 2006




We take a very very dim view of this sort of thing!


--------------------
Of all the things I have lost I think I miss my mind the most

Half of all 1994 S2 2.0 TCT Exclusive Manuals remaining, where is the other one?
1992 Range Rover V8 Vogue SE LPG
1985 Golf GTI 8v
1975 MG Midget
1959 Austin Healey Sprite
PMEmail Poster
Top
Peter.N.
Posted: January 13, 2011 04:00 pm


Andre's Mate
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3414
Member No.: 78
Joined: August 31, 2004




You will really need a donor car, don't know if it will fit your gearbox. I have a complete car here which my wife wrote off but the engine is complete and still runs, but you will have to take it out.

Its done quite a few miles but I fitted a new head gasket about 70,000 miles ago and that's about the only thing that goes wrong with them.

Peter

This post has been edited by Peter.N. on January 13, 2011 04:02 pm


--------------------
Used to have:

'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695.
'01 'Y' 406 GXL Hdi 110 manual estate silver
'01 C5 estate 2.0. Hdi 110hp manual
Located in Charmouth, Dorset. U.K.

Blower transistors MJ 11015
PMEmail Poster
Top
citroenxm
Posted: January 16, 2011 12:08 pm


Andre's Mate
******

Group: Members
Posts: 2058
Member No.: 257
Joined: October 10, 2005




PETER! ohmy.gif

You should NOT encourage them! 2.1 td engines with mechanical pumps are hard to come by now!! Especially good ones! You really SHOULD keep it as you are still driving them around...

We do not encourage this 205 modding lark, why dont they rip them out of 406's instead!

Paul


--------------------
1993 K Reg 3.0 V6 12 Valve Auto (Green) LPG S1.5 SORNd
1990 H reg 3.0 V6 24 valve Manual. Grey S1 SORNd
1991 H reg 2.1 SED td Manual, Maroon. SORNd
1992 K reg 2.1 SD Manual. Getting ready to sell on

1998 V reg Xantia HDi Exclusive Silver

Location: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ME!!
PMEmail Poster
Top
Peter.N.
Posted: January 16, 2011 02:40 pm


Andre's Mate
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3414
Member No.: 78
Joined: August 31, 2004




I don't seriously think he would want to come down here and take it out anyway wink.gif

I actually have another spare engine but it hasn't got all its bits, like the pump

Peter


--------------------
Used to have:

'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695.
'01 'Y' 406 GXL Hdi 110 manual estate silver
'01 C5 estate 2.0. Hdi 110hp manual
Located in Charmouth, Dorset. U.K.

Blower transistors MJ 11015
PMEmail Poster
Top
Zaphod
Posted: March 28, 2011 08:47 am


Super Member
****

Group: Members
Posts: 369
Member No.: 368
Joined: May 08, 2006




406's are all Epic.. and won't run veg.. hnce the pugeriser wants not only more power but cheap fuel


--------------------
Of all the things I have lost I think I miss my mind the most

Half of all 1994 S2 2.0 TCT Exclusive Manuals remaining, where is the other one?
1992 Range Rover V8 Vogue SE LPG
1985 Golf GTI 8v
1975 MG Midget
1959 Austin Healey Sprite
PMEmail Poster
Top
Dieselman
Posted: March 28, 2011 02:39 pm


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 192
Member No.: 1472
Joined: February 01, 2009




I've seen a 205 with 2.1td engine in it. Due to there not really being space the project grows like mad. Not surprisingly this was an unfinished project.
PMEmail Poster
Top
Peter.N.
Posted: March 28, 2011 04:49 pm


Andre's Mate
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3414
Member No.: 78
Joined: August 31, 2004




That ought to go well - if you can steer it!


--------------------
Used to have:

'96 'N' 2.1 td VSX manual estate White RP6695.
'01 'Y' 406 GXL Hdi 110 manual estate silver
'01 C5 estate 2.0. Hdi 110hp manual
Located in Charmouth, Dorset. U.K.

Blower transistors MJ 11015
PMEmail Poster
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

 


Skin arobase par alphega @ PCentraide 2005 (original)
V1.3 par Elianora la blanche @ La Caverne de la Rose pourpre