Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Rear Hatch Central Locking
noz
Posted: November 18, 2004 10:32 pm

Andre's Mate

Group: Members
Member No.: 12

The rear hatch won't lock and unlock with the central locking. So I took off the internal lining and investigated. It turned out to be the little black microswitch on the barrel lock. It wasn't making every time it closed.

I haven't managed to source a spare yet but I'm happy that I've found the problem and it's relatively easy to fix. Just got to find a new microswitch.

cheers

noz cool.gif

--------------------
'10 '59' C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Tourer Metallic Grey
'97 'P' XM 2.5 TD VSX Saloon RP 6610 Blue
'97 'R' XM 2.5 TD Exclusive Saloon RP 7158 Silver
'88 CX 22TRS Croisette
PMEmail PosterICQAOLYahoo
  Posted: November 20, 2004 03:41 am

Unregistered

Hi Noz

Have you checked it is down to the switch as I have had this before were the wires that come throw the tail gate are broken ???

It maybe a good idea if you have a mult meter to try the conections first and make sure it is not down to the wireing but I think you may have aready

Just a thought if you just forgot to try !!!!

let us know would be interesting to know !!!
noz
Posted: November 22, 2004 11:08 pm

Andre's Mate

Member No.: 12

guest,

I took the liner off the back hatch and disconnected the offending microswitch at the connector 6 inches away. I put the meter across the terminals of the connector and didn't get anything at first. Then I played with the little plunger and eventually got it to register some resistance (it was just infinity before). After a few more flicks I got it to read 1-2 ohms. However, I found that if I released the plunger slowly the switch wouldn't make inside.

I'll need to look out for any XM the next time I'm in the scrappy and have the microswitch out of it.

I appreciate the wiring loom between the body and the rear hatch is prone although I've never had a problem myself.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers

noz cool.gif

--------------------
'10 '59' C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Tourer Metallic Grey
'97 'P' XM 2.5 TD VSX Saloon RP 6610 Blue
'97 'R' XM 2.5 TD Exclusive Saloon RP 7158 Silver
'88 CX 22TRS Croisette
PMEmail PosterICQAOLYahoo
sem9999
Posted: November 22, 2004 11:36 pm

Member No.: 84

Hi Noz,

Funny you should mention your problem, had exactly the same issue last week on my recently acquired M reg 2.5 TD VSX.

Suspected that lock-microswitch-solenoid unit had in time acquired some moisture at some point. You're probably right about the microswitch though, in my case I thought it looked like the black plastic bit was not pushing in the contact on the switch which appeared very stiff when I pressed it in. WD40ed and manually operated the whole mechanism a dozen times. Bingo works OK again.

hope this helps
SM
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin arobase par alphega @ PCentraide 2005 (original)
V1.3 par Elianora la blanche @ La Caverne de la Rose pourpre